Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work is Changing :from (Copper to Fiber)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
    White Red Black Yellow Violet.
    Nailed it!

Comment

The federal government is planning to pump over $20B in taxpayer dollars over a 10-year period to subsidize the construction of broadband infrastructure for residents of rural America. Getting fiber broadband service to underserved parts of America will help improve education, healthcare and economic growth. A LOT of miles of fiber optic cable will be deployed to support the effort. That, coupled with the need for a lot more fiber to support 5G networks, makes it reasonable to think the demand for trained fiber splicing crews will only increase.

My neighborhood in Dallas is still stuck on AT&T copper, so most residents purchase Spectrum internet service (200+Mbps vs ~20Mbps w/ AT&T). There are rumors that we may get AT&T fiber sooner than later. Fingers crossed.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
        Y'all should know this code.

Why run backwards you'll vomit.
        Oh yes

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Looks like job security

Enjoy the overtime. I like that stand you have for the splice head. Mine is just attached to the A box.
          Yeah i got it from the non air conditioner truck they gave me when I started

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            As an underground contractor....Sure was a lot cheaper to cut copper lines[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Dig first ask questions later? When I was a teenager in the summer time worked for a contractor that did mucho underground work. I hated it bc it spent a majority of the summer with a shovel in my hand and only a very small portion on a backhoe or trackhoe. Never damaged an existing line of anytime.

Fast forward a few years in the early 2010's I live and work in mineral wells tx. 3 times in 1.5 years the entire town lost all comm systems from folks accidentally cutting fiber. 2 of 3 were city crews. I always joked the city's motto was dig first ask questions later.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

For those of you splicing/fusing (not sure this is the correct terminology) fiber, what long does it take to become proficient?? I might be looking at something different in the next year or so. Curious if there will be a lot of work in that field?

Comment

Working...
              X