Hunting Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Alaska

Spent 20 years hunting Alaska. Lot of DIY hunts to do there. Will help anyone with all the info I can. Main issue with DIY hunts is getting into the bush. But there are options for that, especially if you have access to military bases.
    Last edited by Airboatpete; 11-11-2019, 01:09 PM.

This was my buddy Kirk. Called that moose in for him right off the highway outside North Pole. Caribou was on the Ivashek river, North Slope.

Comment

The moose in my avatar is the biggest I’ve ever called in 62.5” my buddy (now deceased) Joe killed him in Chicken, AK

Comment

Went out of Whittier with a guy about 15 years ago that was stationed in Anchorage. Had a great trip of fishing and black bear hunting. He now has a lodge on Prince of Wales Island.

Comment

Went once in 2017 headed back August 2nd for caribou. Next year may head for moose. May give you a shout if we decide to to get some information.

Comment

Why did you leave? I left Texas to move here!

Comment

Going on my first DIY moose trip up there this September. Really excited and anxious after 2 years of planning and logistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Hughiam View Post
                Why did you leave? I left Texas to move here!
                Lol...Bad divorce. I flew my home built plane to Panama to get as far away from her as possible. Spent 8 years there, now I’m back kickin around the states. Wintering in Texas.

Comment

All my Alaska hunts were DIY. I’ve used air taxi a few times. Then I learned to fly.
                  If anyone is interested, I will add where and how to info on here. There are several places I’ve been successful that are pretty easy hunts. I don’t want to spend the time if there is no interest. But I have enough stored in my brain housing group to write a book. And still it just touches the tip of the iceberg called Alaska

Comment

Looking forward to reading about your DIY hunts. I'm planning on hunting Alaskan black bear in the near future. What stories do you have for big black bear? Not sure it will be a DIY or guided trip.

Comment

I was born in Alaska on the air force base. Want to go back someday and hunt everything. Still remember seeing moose when my dad n mom would take me for a bike ride and put me in those little kid seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Airboatpete View Post
                        All my Alaska hunts were DIY. I’ve used air taxi a few times. Then I learned to fly.
                        If anyone is interested, I will add where and how to info on here. There are several places I’ve been successful that are pretty easy hunts. I don’t want to spend the time if there is no interest. But I have enough stored in my brain housing group to write a book. And still it just touches the tip of the iceberg called Alaska
                        Love to hear what you have in that head of yours.
                        An Alaska Caribou hunt is on my bucket list.
                        Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                          Going on my first DIY moose trip up there this September. Really excited and anxious after 2 years of planning and logistics.
                          What part of Alaska are you going to hunt?

Comment

My only trip there was a deployment to Eielson AFB with some BUFFs.

Comment

Interested in hunting moose, would be willing to consider a small group of TBH’ers to join efforts

Comment

Working...
                              X