15 points Colorado mule deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 points Colorado mule deer

I have 15 points for mule deer in Colorado. Would like to use them this year for an archery hunt. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Wow! I don't have any recommendations but with 15 points you should be able to get a good tag. Bump for you.

Comment

I have seen some toads in Unit 76 and Unit 751 in past years. Been a long time since I have been in that area though.

Comment

I think you can draw about any unit you want for archery with 15 points.

It may be worth doing a september rifle hunt or a 3rd season rifle hunt with that many points. Great archery tags can be be had for very few points.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          I have seen some toads in Unit 76 and Unit 751 in past years. Been a long time since I have been in that area though.
          Thanks. I'll look at those units.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
            I think you can draw about any unit you want for archery with 15 points.

It may be worth doing a september rifle hunt or a 3rd season rifle hunt with that many points. Great archery tags can be be had for very few points.
            Good points and good idea on 3rd rifle. I'll look into that.

Comment

I have 17 points, was holding out for 3rd rifle too but it takes 20 now and with creep will probably keep climbing. Not in units already mentioned, I may burn mine this year too, looks like I may be available all archery season. Good luck, big mulies in every unit in Colorado, just not behind every tree.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm right with you all in PP, looking at some areas just south of us . Took a mature but not huge buck a few years back just south of Wyoming line.
                Probably look into an area adjacent for 3rd or 4th season. I have access to a tracked atv if I need it to get in.
                Burning my PP and getting out of the Colorado game.

Comment

There are some absolute giants on the eastern plains near the Platte river. I have seen them standing in the agriculture fields on both sides of the river while we were duck hunting.

Comment

I don’t think there is an archery tag you can’t draw with that many points.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                      i don’t think there is an archery tag you can’t draw with that many points.
                      correct, should be able to draw any archery tag with that many pref pts.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                        There are some absolute giants on the eastern plains near the Platte river. I have seen them standing in the agriculture fields on both sides of the river while we were duck hunting.
                        Nope.

Comment

Look at Monster Muleys, there is a lot of good info there. Mule deer populations, especially good bucks are taking a dive in Colorado. I wouldn't really suggest 61, but if you do I can tell you a good spot to go.

Comment

With 15PP, consider using for a rifle buck tag in a known trophy area. It won't take many PP to get a archery buck tag in good/great units.

Remember, it doesn't matter if you have 5PP or 15PP. If they grant you a tag using PP, they take them all and you're back to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X