Time to buy stock ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to buy stock ?

Is now a good time to invest some money ? If so what’s the best best route to take if I just want to put in a set amount and leave it for a while ? Anyone on here someone in the business ?

Plenty of threads on this, but depending on what your definition of "a while" is then sure it's a great time to invest. Trying to time the market is a bad idea, sure it could go down a whole lot more but you can get some great companies at a steep discount right now and if you're in it for 5+ years you're bound to profit. If you don't know what you're doing look at the Vanguard Life Strategy funds and find one that meets your risk profile and timeline.

Comment

Wait a little longer to see if Wall Street tanks anymore and when you think all this is over and the market begins to go back up buy buy buy! I’m going to jump into a couple of good stocks that are going to be fine when this is all over and make some retirement money riding it back up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buckrider View Post
        Wait a little longer to see if Wall Street tanks anymore and when you think all this is over and the market begins to go back up buy buy buy! I’m going to jump into a couple of good stocks that are going to be fine when this is all over and make some retirement money riding it back up...

Yep this^^ get you ducks in a row and get ready to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
          Yep this^^ get you ducks in a row and get ready to buy.
          THIS....When all the TBH financial gurus decide we have hit bottom, you can buy w confidence

Comment

41 years in the security business - NOBODY can time the market - not even the pros - proceed with caution

Comment

If you’re looking to make money quick this isn’t the time. If you’re not in a hurry then go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by acameron52 View Post
                if you’re looking to make money quick this isn’t the time. If you’re not in a hurry then go for it.
                truth

Comment

Was just thinking I could get more for my money right now . No issues letting it sit for how ever long .

Comment

Finally someone started a thread on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                      Finally someone started a thread on this.

I knew someone would make this comment

Comment

I'm going to wait for them to go on sale

Comment

You have the right idea!

Comment

I bought more this morning. At some point Im going to look like a genius, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              I bought more this morning. At some point Im going to look like a genius, lol.
                              Tell us what you bought. Don’t be secretive!

Comment

Working...
                              X