No announcement yet.

Astros players also cheated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone who has worked in a few sports arenas, doing Hockey, basketball, baseball and has worked five world series with cameramen and various sports networks. I have seen the ability of the cameraman to zoom in on anything. It is incredible. Teams have been able to do that for quite some time. Use technology to cheat. Maybe just the Astros and Sawx were the only ones to get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by smithb164 View Post
      Rangers are still trash.......
      One of Smart's windrlickers.

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      It’s like trying to learn someone’s tell in cards or using a camera to see the cards and using a device to relay the hand to another player. One is part of the game and the other should get you shot.

This^

Obviously baseball isn't for some of you. Tradition & integrity still have a place in the game for some of us. If you think the uproar is only about sign stealing, you're missing the whole point. Sign stealing has been & will forever continue to be part of the game, and I have absolutely no problem with that. It's when your not smart enough to do it right, (using only your ears & eyes to do it, analog-style) and must have cameras, microphones, buzzers, & other electronic **** that doesn't belong. Plain & simple, that's not gamesmanship, it's cheating.

Comment

Well, I wouldn’t say I would and I wouldn’t say I wouldn’t but I will say this... a man that won’t look for any edge he can when millions of dollars are at stake, don’t want them bad enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post

This^

Obviously baseball isn't for some of you. Tradition & integrity still have a place in the game for some of us. If you think the uproar is only about sign stealing, you're missing the whole point. Sign stealing has been & will forever continue to be part of the game, and I have absolutely no problem with that. It's when your not smart enough to do it right, (using only your ears & eyes to do it, analog-style) and must have cameras, microphones, buzzers, & other electronic **** that doesn't belong. Plain & simple, that's not gamesmanship, it's cheating.

The real mic drop ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
            As someone who has worked in a few sports arenas, doing Hockey, basketball, baseball and has worked five world series with cameramen and various sports networks. I have seen the ability of the cameraman to zoom in on anything. It is incredible. Teams have been able to do that for quite some time. Use technology to cheat. Maybe just the Astros and Sawx were the only ones to get caught.
            I'm sure. This is why Manfred strongly warned, and then punished the way they did. Hes getting thrashed by some but hes doing the right thing (hardly ever the popular thing), all other grievances aside.

Comment

This^

Agreed. How are people confusing the two???

Comment

Get the electronics out of the dugout and it goes back.to the old style of competitive advantage.

But all major sports have huge money contracts with tech. companies that they will not terminate. When the on deck batter can analyze pitches before the ball leaves the catchers hand, things like this will be exploited.

Verlander cried all year about the ball being different. I wonder if he will now say others were stealing the signs

Comment

This^

Look around you. The world is a changin. Technology is very advanced. Things aren't the same as they were in our youth.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                    Can I get a refund? Sign stealing is common, but the issue isn't with a batter or base runner stealing a signal. It is using devices planted to steal signals and relayed by live feed to the batters. I have no issue with a base runner or batter trying to steal a sign, however this is significantly worse.
                    How was this relayed live to the batters....??

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                      Apparently I suck and linking articles after 20k post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cli...outputType=amp
                      IF that photo truly showed a wire on the dude, IN THE CLUBHOUSE after the game, everyone on the Astros would need to be fired for being too stupid to remove it before the party started it wasn't a wire, cause they're not idiots...no matter if they cheated or didn't cheat

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                      Will be interesting to see if we have any hitters now
                      We will and its gonna be enjoyable to watch

Well, up until one of them hits a slump anyways. Then the media will harass them to death until they turn into a full out jackass, and then everyone will feel justified in every accusation, be the accusations right or wrong. It's the way of the world these days

Comment

This^

Ok let me ask you. Do you reckon the Astros are the only team in the league doing this...?
                        If you believe that you're naive.

Mark this post -
                        All the teams in the league were doing the same thing. Dig into it some. MLB then issued a league wide warning in 9/2017. Everyone essentially ignored it. The league wanted to shut it down. Who better to pick to send a message than a recent champ? They would never do it to the Sox or Nats. (One of MLBs storied franchises and the Cinderella darling Champ from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                          IF that photo truly showed a wire on the dude, IN THE CLUBHOUSE after the game, everyone on the Astros would need to be fired for being too stupid to remove it before the party started it wasn't a wire, cause they're not idiots...no matter if they cheated or didn't cheat

We will and its gonna be enjoyable to watch

Well, up until one of them hits a slump anyways. Then the media will harass them to death until they turn into a full out jackass, and then everyone will feel justified in every accusation, be the accusations right or wrong. It's the way of the world these days

I hear ya. No doubt they can hit. Pretty sure it was confirmed and not just accusations at this point though. At least that’s what the results from numerous player interviews revealed as well as coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Look around you. The world is a changin. Technology is very advanced. Things aren't the same as they were in our youth.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

So you are saying its ok to use electronic devices to steal signs or gain an advantage without the other team (visitors) having the same advantage....because the world is changin'?

Same som bitches saying this is fine were probably calling Belichick and Brady cheaters with Spygate and Deflategate. And yes.....I called them cheaters as well although the ball thing was weird.

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                            How was this relayed live to the batters....??

Bang Bang...Have you not read all the reports?
                            Last edited by Smart; 01-17-2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Man y’all stop the wire gossip.

In the eyes of Major League Baseball, members of the Houston Astros did not wear electronic devices to help them steal signs from opposing pitchers...

Source:MLB investigators.
                              Hope that’s sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                                If it took "cheating" to make Astros baseball interesting, then I'm all for it. Made for some good games!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                                I agree. Let em all cheat. Going to a game and seeing 7 dingers is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                                X