Abbott opening up early?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    Are they billion dollar + projects with 4-6,000 contractors?
    You must be working for one of those oil companies, throwing that billion dollar comment around.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      So are they passing out mask to every citizen in the cities that are mandating mask and threatning a $1,000 fine? How do they expect people who can't even get a photo ID for themselves....to aquire a mask?? Kinda seems like their singling out a certain group
      No excuse. They should just improvise.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
        You might want to check back with A&M on your parking pass fees. We were given an option to get a partial refund on my son's parking pass.
        I will do that. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
          The same thing they do in the summer when school is out.
          Send them to their elderly grandparents everybody says should be isolating... lol. Seriously, what are the other options?
          Last edited by drbonner; 04-17-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Does a ski mask count?

I'm thinking scarlett ski mask, gold hoodie and open carry might be my new uniform......

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
              I still think universities should give us a partial refund. My older two boys have been home from A&M since early March. They won’t even be allowed to take classes on campus this summer yet I am still paying full tuition and paying for their house. At least refund the high dollar parking pass fees.
              Your kids most be in a rental. A&M gave us a refund for housing, meal plan and parking. I think it was $2K+ we were refunded. Lost the lab fees. He has 4 labs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                If this was so wide spread people that work at gro stores, Lowes, Academy, etc would be getting sick by the truckload. And if that was happening the media would delight in reporting it. It is way past time to open back up
                30 or so grocery store workers have died around the nation. A couple thousand are positive.

Originally posted by DRettele View Post
                You might want to check back with A&M on your parking pass fees. We were given an option to get a partial refund on my son's parking pass.
                heck, my daughters JEEP has been parked in the parking garage at the Atlanta airport for a month since she came home for springbreak……..lol!

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                  I can't answer for him, but I'll answer for myself. Medically it was a bad decision. Kids are the least affected from corona. We could have sent the kids to school, separate (shelter in place) the most vulnerable, and developed herd immunity much faster and at much less cost, both economically and socially.

Lots of other reasons, but that one is the most important.
                  My only problem is most parents have no common sense. They will send their kids to school sick. Then some unknowing kid takes it home to their parents and then spread it to other people. My daughter is a senior this year. It sucks but she understands there are bigger things in life than her senior year in high school.

Comment

Quack- I agree. People would send kids. Screen coming in with temp check on forehead. They donut at every airport now. They all installed scans from my understanding. Kids I feel worst about were ones fighting for exposure to continue beyond HS in sports and other xtra activities.

Comment

If they could install scans then I could maybe see it. I think the biggest problem is that there is only a month to go. That kind of stuff may happen over the summer though.

Comment

Shutdown is worse than virus, period. Money rules everything, cannot live without it. People will die from flu, people will recover also from it. Destroy economies, businesses, millions of needed jobs that are needed NOW. And yes, I love my family, my elders, etc and don't want to lose them, so leave your, I'm selfish and uncaring posts to yourself, just know that work has got to carry on regardless, just do it carefully and at risk groups, can continue to shelter in place. Never gonna be a defined safe time no matter what.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope it opens the next few weeks. I need you young ones to get back to work and pay more taxes so my Social Security check will not bounce!!
                          Last edited by doghouse; 04-17-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post

My only problem is most parents have no common sense. They will send their kids to school sick. Then some unknowing kid takes it home to their parents and then spread it to other people. My daughter is a senior this year. It sucks but she understands there are bigger things in life than her senior year in high school.
                            I agree that most people have no common sense. But that hasn't changed because of corona. Well, I think we may have all lost a little sitting at the house. Sorry for your daughter and the other seniors. But for a healthy person, corona has about the same odds of killing you as you driving to work.
                            Protect the vulnerable. Let the other live.

Comment

Originally posted by scoutman View Post
                              Shutdown is worse than virus, period. Money rules everything, cannot live without it. People will die from flu, people will recover also from it. Destroy economies, businesses, millions of needed jobs that are needed NOW. And yes, I love my family, my elders, etc and don't want to lose them, so leave your, I'm selfish and uncaring posts to yourself, just know that work has got to carry on regardless, just do it carefully and at risk groups, can continue to shelter in place. Never gonna be a defined safe time no matter what.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I agree with you 100%. The scary part to me is that this will be the new norm and there will be massive over reaction every time some new sickness comes along. Shut everything down and send everyone home. It’s crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think he had much choice with the schools...if they opened up, MANY families would opt out & then teachers would have to do both classes & online. Just a guess & Wouldn't bother me one way or another but couldn't send daughter back due to condition so have no dog in the fight.

I do wish TCU went back to school so the boy could finish up & do the walk with the eng class...he has no interest in going back in the summer to walk with the entire class. Just need to get up to FW & clean out the appt.

Comment

Working...
                                X