Question about costa 580g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about costa 580g

I ordered a pair of costa 580G with green mirror lense and they arrived today...
    Question for you costa guys...why are my lenses brown when looking through them? I thought the world was supposed to have a green tint to it.

I have a pair and don’t notice any brown. I have an amber set as well and those can come off as brown. My 580g green lenses are clear! Don’t drop them on any hard surface. They will crack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My lens are blue and I dont have a blue tint on things.

Comment

My lenses are blue as well, everything is dark when I look through them.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
          I ordered a pair of costa 580G with green mirror lense and they arrived today...
          Question for you costa guys...why are my lenses brown when looking through them? I thought the world was supposed to have a green tint to it.
          Green mirror is a copper base, blue mirror is a gray base. The mirror is just a coating on the exterior.

Comment

I don't question perfection.

Comment

Green and I think silver also with the copper lens give a shade darker than just plain copper lens.
              Copper lens = shallow water, driving in the rain, etc.
              Gray lens = for the deep blue water

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.I couldnt find anything in my searching about the base lense colors.

Comment

Yup...green is a copper lense & my favorite. It should explain the application on their site.

Comment

Yea I returned my green pair for the same reason. They made everything look too yellow for me. I got the blue pair instead which I was a lot happier with. Colors are a lot more natural through the blue lenses than with the green.

Comment

The brown tint is what the green mirror is supposed to give.

They are made for bays and lake fishing applications, not blue water or driving (even though they are my favorite everyday wear glasses).

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                        Green mirror is a copper base, blue mirror is a gray base. The mirror is just a coating on the exterior.
                        This. Best freshwater lenses you can buy in my opinion. Good choice.

Comment

What tint would should I get for prescription lenses?

Comment

Originally posted by The Cornstar View Post
                            What tint would should I get for prescription lenses?
                            I'm a costa junky, currently have 4 with prescription lenses. I prefer blue mirror on really bright days and copper silver mirror when not real bright, if going with only 1 I'd choose the copper silver.

Comment

I’ve been a Costa junky for years. I have more pairs of them than I care to count. Blue mirror is based on grey lenses. The mirror color blocks that color (blue mirror blocks blue light from passing through the lenses). I love amber lenses for driving in the rain since it blocks all the glare. You can actually see better with them on than without especially driving on the freeway with road spray.

Comment

Working...
                              X