Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flu question.... when is the best time to start Tamiflu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu question.... when is the best time to start Tamiflu?

Knowing we were heading to Memphis for Christmas and flu is in the air I had my brother go to his Mexico Dr to get us Tamiflu. Rileys stepdad was diagnosed with the flu today. Riley isn’t running a fever or anything but has a cough and not feeling well. So tonight I took one and so did Riley. Her mom is ******. Everything I read said take 2 days before symptoms . Few yrs ago when we got hit (Riley) my dr prescribed it and told us to all start even though no symptoms for me. So my question when?

Yesterday. There is a new pill just out that is supposed to be way better.............

Comment

No clue but my Daughters Pediatrician gave a prescription to all three of her kids when the first one was diagnosed with the flu. Told her to start all three on it. No one else has come down with it yet. That was just after Thanksgiving.

Comment

Before the end of the first 48 hours of the first symptoms. I had symptoms in a Wednesday morning and the Dr got me in on Friday to check for the flu.
        Positive for Influenzas A, started Tamiflu that evening and it helped keep it from getting worse. All good now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Target-panic View Post
          Before the end of the first 48 hours of the first symptoms. I had symptoms in a Wednesday morning and the Dr got me in on Friday to check for the flu.
          Positive for Influenzas A, started Tamiflu that evening and it helped keep it from getting worse. All good now!

Same boat as you. Started Tuesday, dr yesterday, started meds last night. Flu A. Still sucks though.

Comment

Lymes disease? [emoji1787]

Comment

It has to be started within 72 hours of the development of symptoms for treating flu. For that it is given twice daily for 5 days. There is also a prophylactic dose for close contacts to try and keep them from getting the flu. For that it is given once daily for 7-10 days. The actual dosage you take is dependent upon body weight.

Comment

Just curious...did yall get flu shots?

Comment

Must be around 72 hours, I got it last year on the first day of our Maui vacation and I just thought it was a cold, wife convinced me to go to the clinic after 3 days and yep I had the flu, They gave me Tamiflu but I only took two days worth didn't like the side effects. Started felling better after the first dose. Got the flu shot this year first time in twenty years.
                  Last edited by Bassdeer; 12-20-2019, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    Just curious...did yall get flu shots?

I did, and I’m exposed to it multiple times a day.

So far so good. I’m good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X