Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lazy Sunday afternoon and a pig hunt broke out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was sitting around after working my arse off the last two days with house projects, BBQing PBs, ribs and jalapeno poppers all day prepping for turkey season, the wife's dinner etc etc.. and I saw that the wind was going to be good for my favorite pig blind. Hell why not .... beats sitting around the house. I figured I won't be able to hunt them much the next 2-3 weeks anyway due to the north zone turkey opener so lets go see if we could go get 1-2 kilt...

Well everything pretty much came together and the big group of pigs with a bunch of babies showed. My wife gave me strict orders to "not shoot any momma pigs right now because "her babies" need her"....lol....ok dear.. Whatever you say. Took me a bit to get a boar lined up but when he did I made a good shot and he was down in 50. The Traverse and Grim Reaper Micro hybrid buried in the opposite leg and ate him up. Deadly V does it again.... Really really diggin' this new video camera as well.

Video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMcyMdnjUYo"]Bowhunting DFW area pigs 3-24-21 - YouTube[/ame]

Pics

Last edited by Smart; 03-28-2021, 09:29 PM.

I enjoyed the video....Nice Job!!!!

Perfect arrow flight and shot placement. Gotta love a short track job like that.

Comment

That little black and white one will be cool looking when it grows up. Nice video and great shot. I miss going down there and shooting them things, I envy you guys.

Comment

Nice shot. Very target rich environment.

Comment

Congrats!
          Cool video and great shot.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
            That little black and white one will be cool looking when it grows up. Nice video and great shot. I miss going down there and shooting them things, I envy you guys.

I think so too....but currently the wife's favorite, the Middleton piglet, Oreo, is off limits..

Comment

Atta boy. Hell you were done before I even sat down. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I think so too....but currently the wife's favorite, the Middleton piglet, Oreo, is off limits..
                Haha! Very nice shot. Nice job with the video, too! But, I woulda shot the spotted one. Anybody can shoot a black one.
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  Atta boy. Hell you were done before I even sat down. Lol

Hahahahha...I forgot about that. I was trying to text you that I couldn't wait for the 'pig daycare to get here and I look up here comes the rugrats followed up by the mommas....much earlier than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Haha! Very nice shot. Nice job with the video, too! But, I woulda shot the spotted one. Anybody can shoot a black one.

Hahahahaha......I had to shoot one with a hangdown this trip....momma's orders. She's lucky I had a choice today,

Comment

Dude where is the super slo mo and lighted Noc? J/k. Nice shot and that video is clear as it gets.

Your a good dude for waiting for a boar. My rule is shoot anything that lines up.

Keep the videos coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks fellas...

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                          Dude where is the super slo mo and lighted Noc? J/k. Nice shot and that video is clear as it gets.

Your a good dude for waiting for a boar. My rule is shoot anything that lines up.

Keep the videos coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured it was worth the wait versus the wrath [emoji23]

The nock was lighted it just didn’t show up well for some reason. Slo-Mo was -.25x

Last edited by Smart; 03-28-2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Nice shooting. That’s one more that won’t be tearing up a pasture.

That broad head sure did a number on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nice shot and great video. What camera are you using?

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X