Retirement outside of the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retirement outside of the US

Been looking at a lot of options for retirement. Looking real hard at Costa Rica. Anyone have any real input on this? Might consider some other countries as well.

Crazy you say this. I was telling my wife the other day if what comes is what I believe to be coming then we need to look into retiring in Costa Rica maybe. Haven't delved deep into the location yet. What draws you to CR?

Comment

I hear you! All for it.
      Do you have a significant other?
      Do you have kids/grandkids?
      Are you going to sell your house and junk?
      Do you plan to rent in the place you go?
      And rent in various other places within the country until you find “new home”?
      Do you adapt well to other cultures?
      Are you wanting to move into an expat community with other Americanos, or Brits, Aussies, etc?

Comment

Not uncommon. Guy that works for me is headed to Thailand. Have one of my bosses in Roatan living. Wife and I looked into 2 of the islands in the Bahamas. I like the Bahamas because its a quick run in a boat

Comment

All I know is that real-estate in Costa Rica is super cheap right now. 60% of what it was pre-covid. I'm thinking of buying a vacation home there.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

MLank: It would be a move for most of the family. We would sell everything here, except for the properties that could make income. I would be looking to buy, property large enough for multiple families.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
              All I know is that real-estate in Costa Rica is super cheap right now. 60% of what it was pre-covid. I'm thinking of buying a vacation home there.
              I had no idea the prices had dropped so much.

Comment

Costa Rica
                Nicaragua
                Panama
                Ecuador
                Columbia

Wife and I are looking hard @ Nicaraguan land , ( super fabulous dove and duck hunting) fishing is awesome
                Ecuador is 2nd on the list ( more European)

Comment

I really love Costa Rica, no way i would ever leave Texas, too many friends and family. I will come visit you a couple times a year.

Comment

Hey some extra bedrooms for the TBH summer vaca!!

Comment

Do y’all plan on taking your guns with you ? Might want to look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        Doubt it is worth the trouble.

Comment

Drycreek3189, The guns might be one of the items we have to give up. But I do love fishing as much as hunting, will have to look into leaving some long guns to family in Texas

Comment

Mexico, Costa Rica and Belize are high on my list. Jalisco highlands are an expat haven, many in Costa Rica too.... Belize is a bit more international, however they have easy flights to Houston!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              Nicaragua you can bring 2 guns with your household items, but need to purchase the ammunition locally

Comment

Working...
                              X