Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had the flu over last few months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the B strain now. Tested positive last Friday along with the covid. Is it real? YOU BETCHA YOUR ***!

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
      Fauci said Flu is gone because we are social distancing, and wearing mask. Then a sentence later he said Covid is spiking because we are not wearing mask or social distancing. Which is it?
      I’m confused..

Comment

Need more mandates, nevermind the economy, millions of people’s jobs, or our kids mental health and education!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          Sounds librul ta me!!!!!

In all seriousness, we as a people really struggle with science. I don’t like the government mandates any more than the next guy but it’s an absolute fact that social distancing slows the spread of viruses. Indisputable fact. I can promise you that most people in my area haven’t taken many precautions and as a result, I’m sure our infection rates have been higher per capita than they should have been.

I live in an area with several Amish families and a good sized Mennonite community. They continued to have large gatherings and go about their normal routines. Covid got into their community early last summer and WRECKED shop. No, not all of them died, but many did & tons got sick. Their elderly took a real beating. In general, those folks are far healthier than the general population because they aren’t 30 pounds over weight and move around every day.

It opened my eyes to what the virus could do if no precautions were taken and it ran amuck among the tubby gen pop of America.

Doesn’t sound librul ta me. It’s a weird virus for sure. Most have minor symptoms or never knew that had it, and then some really struggle with it. Luckily for everybody I’ve known that’s had it, it wasn’t a big deal.

Comment

Should always be our choice. Mandated by our personal belief, fears, thought and own information gathered. Scared or worried about your health wear a mask get a shot don’t go to gatherings or big box stores. If not worried move on as you choose. Your choice.
            We are not China(horrible comparison) New Zealand or Australia. Still America for now if we can hold it together. Haven’t known anyone with flu but several with strep

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              LOL ok

Or

They are not testing for the Flu

Agreed...a disease so deadly some have to be tested to know if they even have it. I ain't saying it ain't a deadly disease but we were sold a whole bunch of BS about it. Still are. Heck, next week Fauci will be recommending a plastic bag tied tight around our neck to prevent Covid. Its ok to believe it's real and to believe it's been blown out of proportion/exploited for political purposes.

I mean does anyone think it hasn't been used as a political pawn?
              Last edited by Jon B; 02-03-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Flu? What is that?

Comment

Has anyone had the flu over last few months?

I had the flu back in September. Tested me for covid and flu. Negative for covid. Positive for flu. Was out of pocket for about 4-5 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    You apparently have a very different situation than the high school kids I teach. Keeping masks on them is a constant battle and they absolutely hang out together and don't wear masks at all outside of school. Almost all simply don't care about covid precautions at this point and, yes, a ton of kids have had covid since last summer. Our 5th grade and younger aren't even required to wear masks at school. For whatever reasons, our rate of covid precaution/infection quarantines have dropped to almost nothing during January. Peaked in late Nov/early Dec. I've only had one flu and one strep case out since school started.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    the main difference I think is that we have pretty much full control over the kids because they’re little and still listen to us. It’s a struggle to keep their masks on, but they’re staying apart and our class sizes are much smaller than high schools. They’re also not meeting up after school and participating in extracurriculars. Our classrooms are basically on lockdown, no interaction with other classrooms. So it’s not like high school where you have a kid go to 7 classes and get exposed to 150 different kids daily, congregating in the halls, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                      I’m talking about corona Not flu and how do you prove that the spread of corona has been reduced? The numbers don’t support that
                      I didn’t say anything about a conspiracy you did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Because it would defy logic that all of these precautionary steps could drop the flu to historic lows but be making no difference with Covid, and yes the flu is greatly reduced this year. In my class in an average year around half the kids get the flu at one point or another. Expand that to my school and you’re talking a couple hundred kids a year. Not a single kid in my class has had it, and I haven’t heard of any other classes having outbreaks either. We had over forty kids out with the flu two different times last year. All that said, If no steps were taken, Covid would greatly outpace the flu anyway because many people already have natural flu immunities (I’m exposed constantly every year teaching and haven’t had it in about 10 years) or take the vaccine. With Covid there were no natural immunities or vaccines. This is why it’s occurring at a much higher rate than the flu despite precautions. Still, Covid is undeniably much less prevalent than it would be if no precautions were in place. But if you get exposed to it you’re probably going to get it, and if you have it and expose someone else you’ll likely pass it on. With the flu there are a lot more dead ends for it to run into with people who already have antibodies or the vaccine.
                      Last edited by bullets13; 02-03-2021, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                        the main difference I think is that we have pretty much full control over the kids because they’re little and still listen to us. It’s a struggle to keep their masks on, but they’re staying apart and our class sizes are much smaller than high schools. They’re also not meeting up after school and participating in extracurriculars. Our classrooms are basically on lockdown, no interaction with other classrooms. So it’s not like high school where you have a kid go to 7 classes and get exposed to 150 different kids daily, congregating in the halls, etc.

Sounds like a miserable day for a 3rd grader.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

I teach pre-k, and 100% it’s terrible for them. No argument with that, but also no denying the reduction in illness it’s resulted in. I can’t wait for things to go back to normal, but we do all that we can to make it as enjoyable as possible for them while also trying to keep everyone healthy. The only other safe option is virtual learning, which has even more issues than what we’re dealing with in the classroom.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

I know my 4th grader really liked school before the Kung flu, and he hates it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I know my 4th grader really liked school before the Kung flu, and he hates it now.

Other than having to wear masks I’m not sure what’s changed at my kids schools. Still have athletics, lunch time is still the same, and they hang out with their buddies after school and practices. Guess it’s half azzed normal around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                Need more mandates, nevermind the economy, millions of people’s jobs, or our kids mental health and education!

To hail with their mental health and education. We have to teach them not to be selfish and murder people.

Comment

Working...
                                X