Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had the flu over last few months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
    Ok

So do you now wear two masks? Serious question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No...I'm in Healthcare I wear a n95 and took the vaccine.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
      No...I'm in Healthcare I wear and 95 and took the vaccine.

Will you continue wearing the mask after you get the second shot and it becomes effective? Or have you already taken the second shot?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Will you continue wearing the mask after you get the second shot and it becomes effective? Or have you already taken the second shot?

I’ve had both doses of the Pfizer shot with the second being over 3 weeks ago. I still wear a mask because it isn’t 100%, no vaccine is, and I’m immunosuppressed.

Comment

Yes I know someone who's had 2 strains of it late last year and early this year, and now has covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
            That's not how immunity works. Your immune system is based on many factors; the biggest ones being GI health, hydration, and enough sleep.
            Sounds librul ta me!!!!!

In all seriousness, we as a people really struggle with science. I don’t like the government mandates any more than the next guy but it’s an absolute fact that social distancing slows the spread of viruses. Indisputable fact. I can promise you that most people in my area haven’t taken many precautions and as a result, I’m sure our infection rates have been higher per capita than they should have been.

I live in an area with several Amish families and a good sized Mennonite community. They continued to have large gatherings and go about their normal routines. Covid got into their community early last summer and WRECKED shop. No, not all of them died, but many did & tons got sick. Their elderly took a real beating. In general, those folks are far healthier than the general population because they aren’t 30 pounds over weight and move around every day.

It opened my eyes to what the virus could do if no precautions were taken and it ran amuck among the tubby gen pop of America.

Comment

If I'm in a facility where patients and workers are present I don't have a choice in the matter. Have to follow cdc guidelines. Otherwise I will feel much more liberated to do as I please.

Comment

In 2022, death rate for United States of America was 9.3 per 1,000 people. Though United States of America death rate fluctuated substantially in recent years, it tended to decrease through 1973 - 2022 period ending at 9.3 per 1,000 people in 2022. Crude death rate indicates the number of deaths occurring during the year, per 1,000 population estimated at midyear. Subtracting the crude death rate from the crude birth rate provides the rate of natural increase, which is equal to the rate of population change in the absence of migration.

Here is the total US death rate for 2020 and the ten years prior. Even with the 400K deaths attributed to covid the numbers show nothing extraordinary going on. That's some science for you. You can cut and dice(manipulate for an agenda) the deaths into whatever category you want but at the end of the year a death is a death and cant be counted any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                  I’m talking about corona Not flu and how do you prove that the spread of corona has been reduced? The numbers don’t support that
                  I didn’t say anything about a conspiracy you did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like the......”If we just all mask up for the next 100 days it will save 50,000 American lives.” Where do they come up with that number? I mean I know where, I’m just wondering who’s azz they pull it out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I'm in a facility where patients and workers are present I don't have a choice in the matter. Have to follow cdc guidelines. Otherwise I will feel much more liberated to do as I please.

That is my take on it as well. If a person doesnt have choice about being somewhere(medical facilities) I put on a mask. Other than that I dont wear one. It is easy to social distance in common places like hardware and grocery stores. With all the options today no one has to be in any of those places. They are there by choice as I am.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                      I like the......”If we just all mask up for the next 100 days it will save 50,000 American lives.” Where do they come up with that number? I mean I know where, I’m just wondering who’s azz they pull it out of.

It is the same *** they always pull numbers out of......Obamacare will save the avg family $2500 per year comes to mind.

Comment

I guess instead of flu vaccines every year we should all just wear a mask. It apparently is doing 2X better job than the yearly vaccines. Who knew?

That is going to **** off some big pharma something fierce.

Great point. Glad you stated that. How many flu shots were even given this year vs last year. I thought we had 32 to 50 million positive flu cases last year. And a crappy disposable mask/ cloth had cured the flu.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
                          Agreed! I'm in healthcare and a Trump supporter. It's unfortunate how politicized the virus is because I have seen dozens of friends/family make choices based on politics and not common sense science. We could teach everyone here about droplet precautions, but it would fall on deaf ears. Your explanation above was great, and you got bashed. COVID is very real and we can only hope to get herd immunity this year.

So is it spread by droplets or aerosols? There is a difference, isn’t there? Can an asymptotic person that’s not coughing, hacking or sneezing spread the virus? Is it being spread by a person just simply breathing through their nose? I’ve never really been clear on all of that. Mainly because it seemed to change so much. I really quit following it all and I’m not sure what the current consensus is.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                            I teach a classroom full of them, as i mentioned earlier. Haven't had a case of the flu yet (or covid). They're nasty, but they're still being a lot safer than usual, and their close contact with each other has gone from constant to almost zero. Their families are also being a lot safer (some by choice, some by regulation), so when they do share germs they're less likely to have something to give to their friend. My pre-k students sit 6(ish) ft apart now. They line up apart. They no longer share toys. They're not allowed to go to each other's desks (they used to sit at communal tables), they have shields at the front of their desk, etc. etc. There are many precautions being taken, and they make a huge difference.
                            You apparently have a very different situation than the high school kids I teach. Keeping masks on them is a constant battle and they absolutely hang out together and don't wear masks at all outside of school. Almost all simply don't care about covid precautions at this point and, yes, a ton of kids have had covid since last summer. Our 5th grade and younger aren't even required to wear masks at school. For whatever reasons, our rate of covid precaution/infection quarantines have dropped to almost nothing during January. Peaked in late Nov/early Dec. I've only had one flu and one strep case out since school started.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Social distancing, masks, frequent hand sanitation, few large public gatherings, limited travel the general public practicing better infection control process...believe it or not it works. Covid is much more communicable than the flu. Because much of the general public has become so much more cautious we have are on pace to have the lowest recorded number of flu cases ever. Regardless if we like the measures the govt has put in place or even follow them for that matter...they are effective.

My aching you know what.

Comment

Two weeks to flatten the curve!

Comment

Working...
                                X