Scope for light bolt build (APR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope for light bolt build (APR)

With the APR build pointing toward a lightweight build option, what glass is everyone going with to keep the rifle lighter weight for hiking / mountain hunting?

My Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 is just under a pound but thinking something lighter might be in order!

The Z5 would be a fine choice. Negligible weight reduction with other choices wouldn't be worth it for me (unless you plan to hunt at 15K above sea level).

Comment

Leopold VX 5hd or 6HD would be what I would get.

Comment

Is it worth spending another $1k to save 2 ounces?

Comment

I don't know if you will find much of anything that is as good or better than that and lighter weight. 16 oz for a scope that has decent magnification and objective size is pretty light. You are looking at 1" tube and any smaller than 44 or 42 mm objective you will start to lose light gathering capability.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
            I don't know if you will find much of anything that is as good or better than that and lighter weight. 16 oz for a scope that has decent magnification and objective size is pretty light. You are looking at 1" tube and any smaller than 44 or 42 mm objective you will start to lose light gathering capability.

Great points. I think I’m willing to sacrifice magnification.

Comment

Depends if you are using the scope for dialing or not. If dialing, Nightforce or Swfa.
              R

Comment

A whole dang bunch of you guys really overthink the weight of your components.

Get you the glass you want and roll with it.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  A whole dang bunch of you guys really overthink the weight of your components.

Get you the glass you want and roll with it.
                  We aren’t all Ginger Musclemen like you Matt!

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
                    We aren’t all Ginger Musclemen like you Matt!
                    Clearly

A 16 ounce scope with that glass is top notch for the weight. Would be nearly impossible to beat.

Comment

Great for a lightweight scope but not sure it’s gonna be a real lightweight build so I wouldn’t look at weight only on it.

Comment

The Z5 is going to be difficult to beat in that weight and quality of glass.

Comment

I have a S&B that weights 14 oz. that I will use along with Talley light weights.

Comment

Working...
                          X