Changing Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Arrows

I’ve been shooting Gold Tip Pro Hunters for last couple of years. 400 spine. Tipped with Slick Trick 100 grain & followed up by Nocturnals. Have HHA single pin sight. Shooting Heli-m, set at 64 pound draw weight. So, bought some Easton Full Metal Jackets, 400 spine. Tipped arrow with same broad head & lighted nock. 1st couple of shots were about 3-4 inches low & 4-5 inches right at 20 yards. Started adjusting sight to “ follow the arrow “ and took 3 shots. Got my windage adjusted about right, but I’m baffled as to elevation. With Gold Tips I sighted in the HHA and positioned the appropriate sight tape and all was good out to 60 yards. So, now with the FMJ’s I have to move slider/ pointer all the way to the 35/40 mark. I never expected these arrow brands to be that different in weight/impact. Also noticed what I thought was quite a bit more corkscrew effect from the FMJ’s as observed by watching the lighted nock thru flight. Any thoughts? Thinking I should just stay with the GT’s and forget about FMJ’s, at least until the season is over.

You must tune with the new arrows.

Comment

Need to retune with the fmjs. They are also a heck of a lot heavier than the gold tips, you’ll notice a difference in terminal performance once you start shooting critters. Especially once you get in the vital v and possibly hit bone

Comment

Working...
      X