Fish Attractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Bamboo is very good. Grows algae much sooner and attracts sooner. Lasts nearly forever underwater too. I really like that second pic.
    I read a study that wood attractors/brush will hold two to three times the number of fish plastic will.

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
      I read a study that wood attractors/brush will hold two to three times the number of fish plastic will.
      This is most likely due to the rapid algae growth. Algae attracts bait fish like minnows and shad. Big fish eat little fish.
      That cedar will last forever

Comment

Yeah. I want to make some out of bamboo and run a tiny aeration hose down to it. Figured it would bring in some bait fish as well.

Comment

If you use plastic with a smooth finish I'd hit it with a grinder/sandpaper to scuff it up. Algae grows a lot quicker on a rough surface.

Comment

Looks good, they'll definitely hold fish.

Comment

About how much did the bucket of concrete weigh you used on the cedar? I can't tell from the pic if its a five gallon bucket or something smaller?

Do you add a small plastic bottle to the top of the tree to hold it up right in the water?

I am going to do some of these this year I always say I am and never do it, but this year for sure.

Comment

3 gal bucket I think it was 20lbs.

No on bottle but will think about doing that now

Comment

Working...
                X