Venison ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison ribs

Took Steve Rinella’s advice and sawed off the ribs. My goodness are these things delicious.

Saw off ribs at base of spine and then saw in same direction cutting each slab in half. Cut in 3-4 rib plates.

Simmer in water in crockpot for 6-8 hours or until meat almost comes off bone, pull out and season with favorite bbq rub, sear over charcoal, and then brush on sauce and heat until sauce is thickened. Also don’t trim any meat from the rib cage and one deer will feed at least 4 people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that episode as well. Been wanting to try it. They look great

Comment

I will do this. Always gave the ribs to the coyotes and buzzards, think that may stop.

Comment

Better throw some sausage on the grill too. There ain't much on a deer's ribs.

Comment

looks good how did it taste?

Comment

That looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
              You would be surprised. Like the OP said, a full cage will feed 4 people. Most of the meat is up in the brisket and under the shoulder. The brisket tastes like brisket.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                looks good how did it taste?

Incredible

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post

More than enough for 4 folks and still had enough for me to eat a snack the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                    You would be surprised. Like the OP said, a full cage will feed 4 people. Most of the meat is up in the brisket and under the shoulder. The brisket tastes like brisket.

Spot on!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Working...
                      X