No announcement yet.

venison recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one goes over pretty well at my house.

SPICY SLOPPY JOE'S

1 1/2 pounds ground venison
    1 tablespoon Olive oil
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 onion
    1/2 Green pepper
    1 jalapeno
    1 clove garlic
    1 can of tomato paste
    1/2 cup Ketchup
    1/2 cup water
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire
    2 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce
    1 tablespoon chili powder

Chop onions, garlic, green pepper, and jalapeno - heat in Dutch oven with the olive oil and butter until soft. Remove Dutch oven from heat and set aside.
    Brown the ground vension, drain, and add to the Dutch Oven. Add the remainder of the ingredients and stir. Cover dutch oven and place in the oven at 350°F for 1 hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
      Going to do that this week, might add some mushrooms and pine nuts. Thanks for the idea, hopefully I don't screw this one up too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Redeemed on the Camp Chef Smoker. Also I realized now this is more butterfly than pinwheel.-left some room for improvement I suppose.

Comment

Saw this recipe on FB the other day and gave it a try. Man it’s good and so easy.
        Deer roast in slow cooker.
        Add bbq sauce
        One packet of onion soup mix
        Diced red onion
        One can of root beer

Coat the roast and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove the roast and shred. Replace shredded roast and stir in some corn starch and let simmer for 30 minutes.

Serve as a sandwich. I did mine open face and also did a loaded baked potato. It was awesome.

Comment

venison recipes

Coconut Curry Venison Shanks with sautéed veggies and yellow rice.

1 can of coconut cream
          1 can of coconut milk maybe 2 depending on how much meat
          3 TBS of red curry paste
          2 TBS of peanut butter
          2 TBS diced garlic
          1 TBS of Salt

Mix everything in crockpot and set to low
          Liberally Salt and Pepper shanks then brown all sides of shanks in pan before putting in crockpot. Make sure liquid is halfway up meat, spoon liquid onto meat every couple hours.

Cook on low for 4 hours then high for 3 hours and then low till dinner time

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
            This one goes over pretty well at my house.

SPICY SLOPPY JOE'S

1 1/2 pounds ground venison
            1 tablespoon Olive oil
            1 tablespoon butter
            1 onion
            1/2 Green pepper
            1 jalapeno
            1 clove garlic
            1 can of tomato paste
            1/2 cup Ketchup
            1/2 cup water
            1 teaspoon cumin
            1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
            2 tablespoons Worcestershire
            2 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce
            1 tablespoon chili powder

Chop onions, garlic, green pepper, and jalapeno - heat in Dutch oven with the olive oil and butter until soft. Remove Dutch oven from heat and set aside.
            Brown the ground vension, drain, and add to the Dutch Oven. Add the remainder of the ingredients and stir. Cover dutch oven and place in the oven at 350°F for 1 hour.

or is it.... A spicy sloppy Doe??

Comment

Wrap back strap in bacon season with salt grass steak seasoning then marinate in Tony's chacheres wild game marinade for at least an hour then throw on the smoker

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not so much a recipe, as a technique

I have done this several different ways, and have yet to have it be anything but great!

Step 1: Take whole front shoulder with most of shank removed (clean off as much fat etc as possible)

Step 2: season with whatever you so choose (I typically use liberal amounts of Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Montreal Steak)

Step 3: Place shoulder in Crock Pot. May need to trim the shank further, or get bigger crock pot, Dump in any sauce/broth/gravy that you want (My favorite so far has been one LARGE Jug (has a handle on it) of Pace Picante per shoulder, choose your spice level.)

Step 4: turn on low and walk away for 6 hours at minimum.

When you can pull out the shoulder blade clean, it's done. remove meat (in any way possible) and shred and either return to the crockpot to mix with sauce, or serve however you choose. I would be willing to bet you will never bother to bone out another shoulder. this is so easy, and amazing.

Comment

Chip Steak....Its a Midwest thing but its awesome. We were introduced to Chip Steak last year here in Iowa. It is basically very thinly sliced meat like meat used for Philly cheese steak sandwiches. We are hooked on Chip Steak.

If there's one thing you gotta try with the next deer you get, it's to have some of the steak meat cut into chip steak.

Just freeze the meat up and then put it on a meat slicer and slice it up or you can have your processor do it for you. Make sure they slice it thin.

You can cook it in a crock pot with au jus sauce and minced dried onions. Cooking it in the crock pot makes it very tender like steak sandwich meat. Throw it on a bun with some horseradish sauce and a slice of white American cheese and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Comment

Back strap wrapped in bacon with sweet baby rays honey all day!

Comment

You guys are making me hungry!
                      Made some seared deer tenderloins served with melted wild mushrooms and bacon over the weekend. Served it with mashed potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                      X