No announcement yet.

Which Camera to Film Hunts for YouTube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about getting the Panasonic 770. Anyone use this one?

Comment

Question: I’ve used my Canon 70D to video the last few years and I like it. What I don’t like however is how noisy it is when I wake up my camera, the mirror and shutter make such a loud click that it always gets the deer attention at 15-25 yards. Am I the only one that seems to have issue with this when trying to video my hunts? I’ve been thinking of going the camcorder route just to get away from that noise, but hate bringing it and my DSLR, because I’ll still be taking stills as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
        Question: I’ve used my Canon 70D to video the last few years and I like it. What I don’t like however is how noisy it is when I wake up my camera, the mirror and shutter make such a loud click that it always gets the deer attention at 15-25 yards. Am I the only one that seems to have issue with this when trying to video my hunts? I’ve been thinking of going the camcorder route just to get away from that noise, but hate bringing it and my DSLR, because I’ll still be taking stills as well.
        I set my camera to never power off in the settings. You'll need plenty of juice for it to set there running for an entire hunt, but it won't require that slapping noise from the mirror on power up.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          I set my camera to never power off in the settings. You'll need plenty of juice for it to set there running for an entire hunt, but it won't require that slapping noise from the mirror on power up.

I adjusted it but I didn’t turn it all the way off. Santa may just need to bring me a few more batteries! Thanks for the recommendation!

Comment

Good info. Thanks. I wondered what those cameras I see in videos are. Now I know. I've never been that interested in filming but now that I'm (very) old, and my youngest is hunting with me, I'm thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
              I adjusted it but I didn’t turn it all the way off. Santa may just need to bring me a few more batteries! Thanks for the recommendation!
              Or a battery grip. That's a great way to get extra life. 2 batteries on board. Don't spend the money on the Canon brand. The off brands are just as good at a fraction of the cost.

STK (Sterlingtek) batteries are a great deal too. I've owned many off brand batteries for Canon cameras over the years (20D, 50D, 7D, 5DIII) and they are just as good as the expensive Canon versions.

Comment

Or a battery grip. That's a great way to get extra life. 2 batteries on board. Don't spend the money on the Canon brand. The off brands are just as good at a fraction of the cost.

STK (Sterlingtek) batteries are a great deal too. I've owned many off brand batteries for Canon cameras over the years (20D, 50D, 7D, 5DIII) and they are just as good as the expensive Canon versions.
                Thank you sir! I have one knockoff that doesn’t last as long as my Canon brand, but at a fraction of the cost I guess it doesn’t really matter.

Comment

Great advice. I also have issues with my camera making the clicking sound, I'm going to try this.

Comment

Originally posted by dannorocks View Post
                    Great advice. I also have issues with my camera making the clicking sound, I'm going to try this.
                    I had issues with this and I believe it "cost" me several years ago on a buck called "Dagger." I shot him when he was alert after the "click" (on and off) and I backstrapped him. Poor execution on my part, of course.

Casey's remedy worked for the Canon, although I no longer have the issue with my mirrorless.
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

I’ve been using my GoPro for reverse angle shots and I really like my new LUMIX for zooming shots.

Comment

Great info

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        This is a VERY frequently asked question here and on YouTube. I've been wanting to create a video that addresses some of the different types of cameras and the important features to look for when selecting a camera.

Do you prefer DSLR/Mirrorless or camcorder?

Best Camera to (Self) Film Your Hunt? - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Harrisd23 View Post
                          Great info

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

we use go pros mounted on a pole or at the end of a bow
                            https://www.nola-bowfishing.com/charter.html

Comment

Originally posted by stbpope View Post
                              we use go pros mounted on a pole or at the end of a bow
                              https://www.nola-bowfishing.com/charter.html
                              For bowFISHING, my recommendations would probably change.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great information, bringing up from a while ago. Looking into offering filming service for hunts. Brainstorming ideas

Comment

Working...
                                X