Suppressors - School Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressors - School Me

Looking to get one can i can use interchangably with my 556/ 300 BLK and 6.5cm threaded barrels. Any info on good shops in DFW/ brands/ etc is appreciated

Budget?

Comment

Silencerco omega 300. We sell more of them than any can.

Comment

Anybody have a reference on a Houston shop?

Comment

Lots of great options now. The new Griffin Explorr cans would be pretty hard to beat when factoring length, weight and price.

Also the Energetic Vox.

I tend to factor weight and length more heavily than sound suppression though.

Comment

Suppressors - School Me

After having bought several and regretted some, these are the things I look for in a can. These are in no particular order, but you should decide what’s important to you. Any 30cal can is going to work for anything smaller.

1) mounting (do you want QD or DT)
            2) weight
            3) product support
            4) sound suppression

Pew science has been doing some really good work lately reviewing suppressors.

With that being said these would be my top choices right now.

Dead Air nomad LTI
            CGS Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
              Budget?
              would like to stay around 700 if i can before the stamp cost ($200, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
                i dont think youre going to find any centerfire rifle can for that

Comment

This is a little more than your budget- Silencer Co Omega 36M. But it can be ran on several calibers. I run it on my 223, 7.62x39 AK, and my 9 mm pistol. Will need to get ASR mounts for each rifle or direct thread. Then a face cap is needed for 223 and 30 cal to reduce the dB more if desired, the .36 cal cap comes with the silencer.

Comment

Looking to get one can i can use interchangably with my 556/ 300 BLK and 6.5cm threaded barrels. Any info on good shops in DFW/ brands/ etc is appreciated

Defender outdoors can set you up with a omega in about 15-20 minutes!! Paperwork only of course then the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/ene...caliber/vox-s/

https://hansohnbrothers.com/shop/yhm...ber/resonator/

https://www.silencershop.com/silence...xplorr-30.html

Also look at Rex Silentium

Comment

Just bought a Odin moab today. 440 with tax + 200 stamp. $640 total cheapest 30 cal can I could find. I’ve been looking around for awhile and didn’t want to spend a lot. Agree with the other guys there are many variables

Comment

I only have one so far. YHM Resonator R2. I’ve been extremely happy with it. Full auto rated, 300 WIN/RUM rated and weighs about a pound. Total cost (can, sales tax and stamp) was right at $800

Comment

My YHM Phantom SS was within that budget (at least when I bought it several years back)
                            I used it for .308, .556 and 300blk. Worked very well for all three but it's heavy.

Comment

Silencerco Harvestoer Evo $599. I use Mister Guns in Plano, they have a Silencer Shop Kiosk in store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X