KICKED OFF OF PUBLIC LAND the New Mexico Dirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KICKED OFF OF PUBLIC LAND the New Mexico Dirt

Just saw this and thought it was worth sharing. Especially for DIY NM Elk hunters

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4s1l2kmelk"]KICKED OFF OF PUBLIC LAND the New Mexico Dirt // #PLH2 EP 8 - YouTube[/ame]

The hunter was wrong. Dont rely on ONX maps for 100% accuracy. Lots of State land is not public and people do lease it and they have all rights to it.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
      The hunter was wrong. Dont rely on ONX maps for 100% accuracy. Lots of State land is not public and people do lease it and they have all rights to it.
      The Game Warden disagrees.

Comment

I ran into similar issues in August 2021 hunting NM state land for antelope. I was not approached by the leaser or leaser's agent. I chose to stay off state land behind locked gates with public road access, b/c I did not want to inhibit my chances. It's a real PITA.

I'll also add that I'm not a big fan of Dan the Fitness Man, but he does appear to be in the rightin this scenario.
        Last edited by simek; 01-10-2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I’m not surprised, there are some bad apples of outfitters ranchers out there as well as some bad apples that hunt public land.

I had to laugh when that guy tried claiming the ranch owner leases state land for exclusive hunting rights.

Comment

I had a rancher threaten to run me over with his horse years ago hunting NM Mule Deer. He claimed since he had the cattle rights, it was his property. Was a pure ****.

Comment

More like bullied off and not kicked off. Good ole clickbait titles from Youtube.

Comment

Check out the second video and the discussion with the State. The Land owner has grazing rights to the property only. With valid hunting license, the public is still able to go onto the property and hunt there.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT4CERLEuVs"]KICKED OFF OF PUBLIC LAND part two Trying To Tag OUT // #PLH2 EP 9 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Years before Onx we had a land owner try to scare us into paying him a trespass fee of 1200. He had his non English speaking ranch had come to our camp and hand up a phone. Said we were hunting and camping on his place. My buddies GPS said we were good. We said call the GW, he would not so we did. GW came out and said we were fine and that the land owner had been paid by the state to keep the gate through his place open and that this bag of crap did this every year.

Comment

US outfitters is well known for that stuff. They block roads and try to intimidate hunters all of the time.

Comment

Wrong. Grazing rights does not equate to hunting rights.

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
                        I agree, there are some places down here in south Texas that have been long term cattle leased by some big ranchers that don’t have hunting rights but those ranch’s act like they own the property usually 150-600 acres inside some high dollar huge deer places. But you better be ready for some folks adamant on running you off ASAP

Comment

I wonder if the security guy is really retired law enforcement?

Was he purposely misrepresenting the events or ignorant.

Smells like a hillbilly Yellowstone episode on the private rancher's side.

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
                            Im not wrong. Onyx maps does not tell you what leases are on the state land. Although, Im more familiar with Colorado state land than New Mexico’s. In Colorado you can have different kinds of leases on state land and it’s yours and only yours.

Comment

Back in the 80's when I lived in Colorado all you had was a paper BLM map. Guy's use to try and put up No Trespassing signs on BLM land. Never got confronted by anybody but I was ready. I knew my maps back then.

Comment

Working...
                              X