Disappointed With Police Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointed With Police Officers

I was out of town on business. Get a phone call from my wife. She panicking and said she’s been in an accident. I hear a man’s voice in the background screaming and cussing at her I then hear my wife say “don’t touch my phone!” and the line disconnects.

My wife calls 911 says she’s been in an accident and the guy that hit her is aggressive, tried grabbing her phone, screaming at her etc… she asked an officer get on scene because she’s scared.

Police didn’t show up for hours even after she gave the operator the info saying she was scared for her safety.

The guy was a nut and I told my wife to stay in the vehicle, lock the doors, and do not get out until an officer was on scene. Guy refused to give insurance info, he was uninsured.

My wife was extremely shaken up, heck she still is.

I’m disappointed my wife was stranded with this guy by herself. I really wish a cop had made it to her faster. Thankfully nothing happened and it’s probably a good thing I was out of town, not sure how I would have handled it had I made it to her after hearing that initial phone call from her.

This is a reminder to make sure your wives are carrying. When you need the police they’re minutes away or in this case hours.

Carry a gun guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife has her CHL, and she is a pretty good shot, and keeps a pistol in her car. In our home, she has several in different parts of the house just in case.

Unfortunately, I think social media is partly to blame for this downturn in society. People are loosing the ability to control their emotions due to their lack of face to face interaction. And it’s only getting worse.

Comment

I’m glad your wife was ok and I’m sure it was a very stressful event for her. This could be an example of police departments being underfunded and under staffed because of it. If I really need to dial 911 for an emergency I will tell them that MAGA supporters are attacking my peaceful BLM protest. That will get top priority in the big cities.

Comment

What town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
          What town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

H town. I told her if she’s scared and can’t drive away run to the biggest lifted pickup you see and flag a good ol boy down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure makes a person think.

Comment

Dang. Houston...

1. Get out of cities
              2. Spend time shooting AND training (add stress if you can) with your loved ones.

Sorry to hear this happened to yall.

Comment

A close friend of mine is HPD. They are incredibly understaffed. Active robberies and assaults aren't getting responded to right away. I think everyone should be carrying.

Comment

1. Not HPD fault or a police officers fault.
                  2. Change status to I’m upset with Sylvester Turner
                  I will say he’s one of the few democratic mayors that has not defunded hpd but they are still understaffed

Comment

Originally posted by blaqkpanda View Post
                    A close friend of mine is HPD. They are incredibly understaffed. Active robberies and assaults aren't getting responded to right away. I think everyone should be carrying.
                    Same with Dallas.

Comment

If that ever presents it self again I’d tell 911 it is a major accident with severe injuries.
                      Someone will get there ASAP. Under staffed PD is the new Big city way of social justice.

Comment

Hfd will always get there first! Injuries gets hfd. Also completely understaffed and underpaid thanks to Sylvester!!!! I’m getting my bp up!!!!

Comment

Welcome to policing in a large city in 2021. I've come to work at 10pm and still see calls holding from 11am. Houston has fewer officers today than it did 30 years ago with a city double the size. Nobody wants to join, those that are here are counting down till when they can leave, and when you try to work the dept will drop the hammer on you for the tiniest perceived mistake. Sorry for what happened to your wife, I hate to hear that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Houston is like many other big cities have become. I think they are running on half shifts.

Comment

I waited an hour for HPD 3 weeks ago. In a marked unit. As mentioned everyone is short

Comment

Working...
                              X