Rifle Thief Fayette County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle Thief Fayette County

Without getting into all the details there were two rifles stolen yesterday evening outside the Cistern store north of Flatonia. Owner of the rifles had shot a deer and ran to the store for ice. Was in the store for a few minutes while the rifles were stolen in cases from the back seat of their gator. The attached pic is of the guy who took the rifles. Does not seem to be a local but had no problems taking the two rifles. One was a .308 and the other a 6.5 creed. Anyone notice this guy please send me a message. Thanks
    Attached Files

We need to get this on facebook on some of the hunting pages. I have seen a lot of people have success on Facebook on getting some one identified .

Hope he is caught and dealt with.

Comment

Definitely get this on local pages and to the police!

Cistern store ain't a very big hang out place. So someone will know him

Comment

Next time bring your gun with you into the store!

Comment

Someone has to know that guy. Cistern ain’t big and only locals or the usual folks come into the store. Are you Facebook by chance? I from the cistern area and my parents and wife’s parents live there. I’ll ask them and ask friends that still live around there. Just sent the pic out to ask around

Comment

Yeah I’m not condoning it by any means and HATE a thief, but, leaving your guns in your ranger as you go into the store? Man... that’s just not smart. Hate it but completely avoidable. I’d agree with the rest though... Facebook has a knack of solving things like this pretty quickly.

Comment

I will get this posted to FB where people I know around the area will see it...

Update: I have it on FB and people who live in the area are starting to share it. We will see where it leads.
              Last edited by 44mAG; 11-11-2021, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                Yeah I’m not condoning it by any means and HATE a thief, but, leaving your guns in your ranger as you go into the store? Man... that’s just not smart. Hate it but completely avoidable. I’d agree with the rest though... Facebook has a knack of solving things like this pretty quickly.
                It’s not a real store per say. It’s a hang out for the local folks that live around there. Trust me, a rifle in a vehicle is an everyday occurrence around there. I have left my bow and/or rifle in the truck while still running to go inside. It’s the country not the city by any means

Comment

If he is hanging out at Cistern Store he is local or known by them. He will be back and so would I. I know a few people from the area will pass this along.

Comment

I’m shocked that an intelligent looking gentleman like him would do such a thing. In red shirt probably driving a red Chebby truck. Should be easy to solve.

Comment

Park the buggy there again. He may bring that Creedmoor back..

Comment

Do you have a link to the facebook post so I can share it? I live in Smithville and have spent many hours at the Cistern store, but I haven't been in quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastwood View Post
                          Do you have a link to the facebook post so I can share it? I live in Smithville and have spent many hours at the Cistern store, but I haven't been in quite a while.
                          See if this works
                          https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...eric&ref=notif

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                            Got it and posted it now. I have a lot of friends that hang out there regularly.

Comment

It's already getting around the area. Two of my friends have already posted it as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X