Young County Property Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young County Property Update

We have been busy getting things done & set up. Haven't hunted as much as I would like. Seeing lots of deer & hogs, along with turkeys & assorted other varmints. We have got rock laid, electricity upgraded along with a co-op water line. They delivered our storage container yesterday & also put up our carports. Wish they had gotten those sooner. Had a hail storm catch me out there about a month ago. Ping pong size hail & 8000.00 worth of damage on my new truck. LOL! Put in stocker fish for one of the ponds. Hope to get a good fishing pond in the future. We have fished the ponds & all we have caught were goggle eyes. Overton's fishery suggested I put in a 1000 bluegills & then start with bass. I did call up a group of jakes one afternoon & shot my 1st animal on the place. Love me some fresh turkey tenders. Waiting on our container cabin to be finished so we can start staying on our place ,instead of Best Western. Ready to start getting rough on the hogs now. see a bunch just about every trip. Put up 2 protein feeders & had 6 bucks on one of them the 1st night. Might start getting expensive soon. LOL! Country is beautiful & green. Does are getting big with future fawns. One thing that I have noticed is the freeze must have really hit the mesquites hard. A lot are barely leafed out & just as many with no leaves. Even the ones fully leafed out look thinner than normal. Some of the browse species or underbrush looks dead & if you look real close some will have green sprouting ,but it is on the trunks of bushes, not the limbs. I get up there for a few days every week & loving the place more all the time.

Looking good my friend. Will be looking forward to seeing the place one day.

Comment

Sounds like a great start.

Comment

Lookin Great David!

Comment

Looks great David.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking good bud. Glad it's going well for y'all.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Where at in young. We hunt a place right out side olney

Comment

West of Newcastle about 8 miles.

Comment

Too cool!

Comment

Looking nice...and you are having fun!

Comment

I'm watching your journey.

Comment

Looks great! I wouldn't worry too much about the mesquites, they will be fine. Can you tell us more about the turkey?

Comment

Congratulations on your first animal off your place. Sure enjoy watching your good progress, good luck with it.

Comment

Great sounding place, David. Looking forward to hearing the adventures out there.

I assume you have some waterfowl habitat on it too?

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                              Great sounding place, David. Looking forward to hearing the adventures out there.

I assume you have some waterfowl habitat on it too?
                              Yes Sir on waterfowl. Lots of ducks in area. We have a 3 acre pond and another about an acre. Were covered in ducks during the winter. Also have an area I am going to develop a wetlands project on in the future. Main reason for buying in this area was the bird hunting. Got another area I'm going to plant sunflowers in for doves.

Comment

Working...
                              X