No announcement yet.

Texas Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suppose it is a little dangerous. At the rattlesnake roundup they put 10 or 12 rattlesnakes in a sleeping bag. Then a guy crawls in the sleeping bag with them. Texans are friendly but crazy.

Comment

ok this sound indeed a bit crazy!

Comment

Hey Daniel, don't be scared , no one is gonna stick you in a fart sack full of buzztails. By the way, when I was stationed in Germany back in 69 I took a road trip thru Switzerland and Austria and I had lunch in your hometown of Linz. Had some great hot potato salad and nockwurst. Delicious. See you in October.

Comment

you hae been in Linz? cool! glad you liked it

Comment

Daniel we'll have to see if a mid week meeting at Bobs is better then. I don't know, I'll be getting in Austin about an hour ahead of you. I need to make a Cabelas run, I'm sure they might page me at Cabelas if ya ask real nice LOL if not then stand on the top steps next to the elevator and holler "Mark" real loud I'll hear ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              That weekend is out for me and Steve. We will be in OK hunting at McAlester. If this becomes the date i will try to see if Marty will let me come up while Daniel is hunting with him.

Bisch
              Me too.

Comment

Maybe we can meet at Bobs place before we go to the ranch? know I'm not gonna walk into his place and see all the toys he has (if I get that look slap me ok?) or I'll walk out with one for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticbow View Post
                  Maybe we can meet at Bobs place before we go to the ranch? know I'm not gonna walk into his place and see all the toys he has (if I get that look slap me ok?) or I'll walk out with one for sure.
                  Lol, you might re-think that post...you'll be gettin' slapped all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticbow View Post
                    Daniel we'll have to see if a mid week meeting at Bobs is better then. I don't know, I'll be getting in Austin about an hour ahead of you. I need to make a Cabelas run, I'm sure they might page me at Cabelas if ya ask real nice LOL if not then stand on the top steps next to the elevator and holler "Mark" real loud I'll hear ya.
                    I'm thinking that Daniel is coming in to DFW, unless he's flying down to Austin after the first hunt..

Comment

Yes, Daniel is coming into DFW, Mark into Austin.
                      I have several days off and Daniel if you want to meet up with Mark and get to Austin to meet Bob, you guys can stay at my place 12-15 and we can go to Cabela's in Buda, meet up with Bob and others the 13-14th. I think, if there is still an opening at Diamond C I will join you guys from the 18th-20th.
                      Mark has my phone #. Let him know, or me if this works at all for you. I have plenty of room and we might even get a hunt in where I hunt.
                      The last 5-6 days of your trip, I will be at my KCA/for Bobby and John hunt in So Tx.

There is a shooting range just up I35 about 15 minutes from me to shoot some guns. If some people want to meet there, if it works for ya, for some boom-boom time!!!!
                      Last edited by DeadeyeDeb; 09-27-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I wish my plane was home, I'd love to be an air taxi for this trip

Comment

Looks like there are some changes in the plans Daniel. Not sure the time I thought i had that was open is open now.
                          i am sure you are gonna have a great trip and meet alot of very nice people.

Comment

Now, I'm torn..... I shot the longbow this evening, had all in the 3 inch circle at 15 yds (broadheads to boot) I figger if I take the compound, I'll have to step back to shoot something, if I do the longbow they will hang up at 20-25 yds LOL So, I'll bring both.

I'll just ship the longbow ahead, so if the worst happens I can still have something to hunt with. decisions decisions....

Comment

Originally posted by DeadeyeDeb View Post
                              Yes, Daniel is coming into DFW, Mark into Austin.
                              I have several days off and Daniel if you want to meet up with Mark and get to Austin to meet Bob, you guys can stay at my place 12-15 and we can go to Cabela's in Buda, meet up with Bob and others the 13-14th. I think, if there is still an opening at Diamond C I will join you guys from the 18th-20th.
                              Mark has my phone #. Let him know, or me if this works at all for you. I have plenty of room and we might even get a hunt in where I hunt.
                              The last 5-6 days of your trip, I will be at my KCA/for Bobby and John hunt in So Tx.

There is a shooting range just up I35 about 15 minutes from me to shoot some guns. If some people want to meet there, if it works for ya, for some boom-boom time!!!!
                              Thanks for the offer Deb! But ill arrive in DFW on the 14th at about 1435pm. so i think itll be quiet stressy to travel down to Bobs place and then on 16th back to Diamond C.

Also i need to get the huntinglicense, snakeboots and some other stuff from Cabelas befor i go out to the C.

I would love to go to the shootingrange with you. but i dont know how to time this all..

Comment

Are we still planning to get together at Bob's?

Comment

Working...
                                X