No announcement yet.

$70 to fletch 11 arrows???!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get your arrows pimped? Gold wrap with platinum vanes, diamond encrusted nocks? I've want to see a picture of these arrows.

Comment

2.50 an arrow is what the rate is down here

Comment

Definitely high. That's rough man.

Comment

Even 2.50 per arrow seems high. That is $30/dz. The supplies do not cost near that much and there isn't that much time involved.

Wow.....I'm in the wrong business.

Comment

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I guess next time you'll ask how much first huh? Did you call there and talk about price or just come here and express your concern? The prices were on the wall last time I was there. Did they have to order special color for you? A lot of people will charge for the entire unit when having to place special orders. I bet if you call down there and express concern they will make it right some how and if they do you should post here that they did. They are pretty good guys. Sorry for being in the minority on this one, but you are just as much at fault.
              Last edited by Sparkles; 03-10-2010, 10:31 AM. Reason: more thoughts

Comment

you should be sponsored by KY

Comment

That is pretty ridiculous. The cost of a fletching is rougly 30 cents. And honestly it does not take that long to fletch arrows especially if using quick drying glue. You got hosed on that one. I don't even charge for labor when I fletch. I just charge the cost of the vane. less then a dollar an arrow.

Comment

I gave in and tried these. They are so simple my 7 year old could fletch a dozen in 10 or 15 minutes and they would look perfect. No glue, easy to redo, fly great.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                      you should be sponsored by KY
                      Kentucky?

Comment

Good news folks, I talked to the manager Troy, very fair guy, he gave me a store credit. He explained that they do charge a bit more as they don't really want to do it (it's sub'ed out); BUT, the employee that took my order should have had that conversation with me, he could have easily sold me a dozen arrows instead. I am glad I called back after reading your replys. btw- between calls while we were working it out, some one called him to tell him about this thread.

Comment

That was me. I thought he might want to know somebody was complaining about them on a public forum and thought he may want express his side. Glad it worked out.

Comment

I still say do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
                              That was me. I thought he might want to know somebody was complaining about them on a public forum and thought he may want express his side. Glad it worked out.
                              Like he is the first bow shop to ever get bad mouthed on a public forum.
                              Last edited by Osceola; 03-10-2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

If I hadn't done something in 10 years I think I would ask the cost...or check the board that says "Labor Rates". I am guessing you will need clean drawers when you check to see how much bows cost these days...

Comment

Working...
                                X