X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
    Void that warranty and go around it? lol simple fix
    Exactly!

Take off all the stuff that is being fixed by the warranty and causing the other issues. If I had option when I bought they could have kept their warranty 100% and took off the price built into the truck for warranty and the parts cost for all that BS

ID have saved $35k… and still never been in the shop

Comment

When I owned a small trucking company with 9 trucks, my Peterbilts with all the Commiefornia EPA crap would get 4-5.5 mpg depending on a lot of variables. Those same exact trucks but glider kits (new truck but equipped with a rebuilt Detroit and rebuilt trannie) would get 8-10 mpg depending on the same variables. Now…..you tell me how that makes sense?? We burn nearly twice the fuel to supposedly lower our “carbon footprint”??? Yeah…I don’t think so. Not to mention the added expense of the DEF at $2.69/gal at the time. At that time, my DEF consumption was about 3.5% vs fuel. So when I spent 30k on fuel, I also spent over 1k in DEF.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
        When I owned a small trucking company with 9 trucks, my Peterbilts with all the Commiefornia EPA crap would get 4-5.5 mpg depending on a lot of variables. Those same exact trucks but glider kits (new truck but equipped with a rebuilt Detroit and rebuilt trannie) would get 8-10 mpg depending on the same variables. Now…..you tell me how that makes sense?? We burn nearly twice the fuel to supposedly lower our “carbon footprint”??? Yeah…I don’t think so. Not to mention the added expense of the DEF at $2.69/gal at the time. At that time, my DEF consumption was about 3.5% vs fuel. So when I spent 30k on fuel, I also spent over 1k in DEF.
        …. Cause you can see it!…. That means it’s not there!!!

That’s the logic behind emissions that lower efficiency. Lol

Comment

A lot of rental equipment such as air compressors also require def.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
            Not to mention all the plastic containers that end up in a land field

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
              Don’t go inserting logic into your government. They know what’s best for you

Comment

I have three gallons that I won’t need. We took the rental truck back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                  No sir, this is how I stay in business. Let me see you work without whatever tools you need to do your job. We burn over 5,000 gallons of diesel a month and we can’t operate without DEF so I covered my rear end. I didn’t contribute to the shortage, merely making sure the shortage doesn’t shut me down.

You need to call your buddy Biden on the cause of the shortage
                  I understand you ,but you know it is part of the problem
                  If you run out let me know i found a bunch

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I asked our Napa deliver lady about def and she said they just got a big shipment. No Rotella for a while though. Luckily none of our equipment uses it.

Comment

Man don't get me started i hate the crap

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

we get it delivered by the tote. we go through 600 to 1200 gallons per day X 15 crews.

Comment

My buddy says he just goes to a truck stop and fills up. Never done it myself but may have too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            I understand you ,but you know it is part of the problem
                            If you run out let me know i found a bunch
                            Just like the recent "gas shortage" really it's just a run on the product by fearful consumers. I don't blame people for taking care of themselves though, it is what it is.

Originally posted by Deadfall65 View Post
                            My buddy says he just goes to a truck stop and fills up. Never done it myself but may have too.
                            Cheaper and can top off the tank so have to do it less. I always do it while traveling long distances. It can be a ***** to find a dispenser that works some of the places I've stopped are garbage. Some also have some stopper equipped where a magnet is involved or something, but I've never stopped and not found a pump that works after trying a few.

Comment

Reminds me of masks on the streets and sidewalks!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                                Reminds me of masks on the streets and sidewalks!
                                Yea…. But you didn’t see any dead people. So the mask worked!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X