No announcement yet.

Pig in a trap how long.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have your dad throw a bucket of water on him if it gets hot or have him put a sheet of tin or plywood on top of the trap after he's caught until you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
      Yes it’s In the trees off to the side. I just really want this dude off the farm
      Let pops shoot him if trapped and you can drag out later.

Comment

The game warden would probably say you need to check your trap every 24 hours no less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
          This

Comment

I am guessing that the people who are saying to be nice to the pig do not own land and/or depend on agriculture for their living. Wild hogs are a pest. They are just a big rat. Granted you can eat them but I guess you could also eat a rat if you wanted too. Set the trap. If it dies prior to you getting there then fine but I think it will probably be plenty alive when you arrive.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
              I am guessing that the people who are saying to be nice to the pig do not own land and/or depend on agriculture for their living. Wild hogs are a pest. They are just a big rat. Granted you can eat them but I guess you could also eat a rat if you wanted too. Set the trap. If it dies prior to you getting there then fine but I think it will probably be plenty alive when you arrive.

-john
              yep

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                I agree.

Comment

If your worried put a small water trough in there and tie it to the posts.

Comment

In this colder weather 2-3 days if he has shade!

I kill 200+ hogs a year, and still do not like them suffering. Any animal for that matter!

That pig is under 190 pounds

Comment

I kept 5 100+ pounders in a small box trap for 3 days because the guy who wanted them couldn't get to them. On the third day I told him I was going to shoot them and if he wanted them he better get there. It had rained the prior 2 days and it was the worst mess I've ever seen. I will never do that again. When it smells that bad, you won't likely trap any again unless you move it and wash it.

Comment

Set the trap!

Comment

Are you going to get him out alive and make a pet out of him or kill him? if he dies what difference does it make if you get him the next day.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he isnt getting out of it alive either way.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              In this colder weather 2-3 days if he has shade!

I kill 200+ hogs a year, and still do not like them suffering. Any animal for that matter!

That pig is under 190 pounds
                              Yep. About 175.

Comment

Good on you for not intentionally torturing something. I'm all for killing anything that needs to be dead, but no point in making something suffer, even a pig. 1 day should be fine with it being cool, but others above are right, just let dad shoot him.

Comment

Working...
                                X