Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have never happened. Sad

Comment

61 years old, I wonder how long he has been hunting? His hunting days are over now.

Comment

Sad to hear. But this is the reason I’m so dang particular about who I hunt with.

Comment

The shooter is beyond stupid

Comment

I know a guy that accidentally shot and killed his teenage nephew while deer hunting. A couple of years later I ran into him in the woods hunting again. Couldn’t believe it.

Comment

As baffling as it is, it happens with disturbing regularity. The idea of shooting at a shape in the brush or at movement is hard for us to understand. I can’t imagine having to live with the consequences of making that mistake.

Comment

I taught hunter safety for 7 years and got a report every year of all hunting related accidents in Texas. It would shock you how often this happens.

Comment

Still beyond my ability to comprehend.

Comment

That’s how people get killed every year hunting. There are some dumb people walking this earth

Comment

Wear blaze orange people. Could save your life. Sad story

Comment

Originally posted by Lights Out View Post
                        Wear blaze orange people. Could save your life. Sad story
                        From the article--". . . wearing camouflage and no orange clothing . . ."

I keep an orange vest in my pack just in case I need to do some lengthy trailing.

Comment

Sad.

Was this in California?

Comment

Buddy of mine got shot in the arm with a 30.30 while slipping through the woods. Destroyed his bicep. He had taken his orange off and stuck it in his coat pocket. Got shot by a twelve year old that was hunting in a stand with his dad.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                              As baffling as it is, it happens with disturbing regularity. The idea of shooting at a shape in the brush or at movement is hard for us to understand. I can’t imagine having to live with the consequences of making that mistake.

Texas is one of the safest if not the safest state in the US to hunt. Limited public land is the main reason but the number of incidents and fatalities is low compared to states in the NE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X