Disappointed With Police Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    It’s not the officers fault that have chosen to stay in Houston. They have a mayor that hates them.
    GOTCH 100% correct

Comment

Glad she was OK.
      Similar thing happened near our house. Hit and run and she followed him to a gas station. I made it ahead of the cops and kept the situation defused. Uninsured, suspended license, and they let him drive away— after giving him my wife’s DL information.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
        When I was in recruit school for Atlanta Fire, the training captain told us to tell our wives that if they needed help when we weren't around to call 911 and say the house is on fire. You may not get cops fast, but in 4-5 minutes at least 4 guys with axes will be there.

I like the injury angle too. Just say your neck hurts and there will be 4 guys there on a big red truck in 4-5 minutes.
        I have put people in the county hoosegow for that.

Just sayin’….

Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Well that Fire Academy must have been long ago. Fire in most places don’t enter anything until Police have cleared.

Comment

Tell dispatch that 2 white guys in MAGA hats are beating up a ghey, black frenchman.

Comment

My wife is HPD. I can write a book about the horror stories from this past month alone regarding the incompetence and staffing issues. Im having to use PTO from my job so that she can work all these odd hours they needed her to work this week becouse of the petroleum convention. Houston is getting exactly what the majority of its citizens voted for.

Comment

Welcome to Houston. Lived here my whole life and it's slowly but surely turning into a 3rd world dump. Some areas have been for 20 years already. When you've got a bleeding heart DA, a mayor that's more interested in his intern, police chiefs that are politicians, and thousands of worthless folks voting for the same ol crap, this is what you get. I respect our officers on the ground, ain't their fault no one wants to be a cop. Stay strapped or get clapped dawg.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  So can I assume taxes are cheap since police are underfunded?

This is the main issue IMO.. They let everything go to crap so they can ask for more money, squander it then repeat.

It's so sad an honest person needs to lie to LEO or 911 to get the help they not only need but freaking pay/paid for over the years.
                  I may be reading your reply wrong. But, my impression is and has been, that you need to spend some time with your local PD and go out on some ride alongs. Maybe not Leander, but APD or Round Rock, you may have a different perception of them "squandering" your tax dollars....

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    Well that Fire Academy must have been long ago. Fire in most places don’t enter anything until Police have cleared.
                    Dispatcher: “FD and EMS staging. “

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Tell dispatch that 2 white guys in MAGA hats are beating up a ghey, black frenchman.

The horror! What has this country become [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Disappointed With Police Officers

Best advice I’ve seen on this thread is MOVE far away from the city. Your job location isnt worth risking your family’s safety. Had a friend move into a fancy area in the Heights. Million dollar homes. 1 week in at the local drive through someone attempted to rip their baby out of the car window. They brush it off as “that’s just city life”. Homeless everywhere and constant crime. No way would my family be subjected to that. High paying job aint worth it. Your lifestyle shouldn’t trump your familys safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                          Best advice I’ve seen on this thread is MOVE far away from the city. Your job location isnt worth risking your family’s safety. Had a friend move into a fancy area in the Heights. Million dollar homes. 1 week in at the local drive through someone attempted to rip their baby out of the car window. They brush it off as “that’s just city life”. Homeless everywhere and constant crime. No way would my family be subjected to that. High paying job aint worth it. Your lifestyle shouldn’t trump your familys safety.

Million dollar homes residents tend to be the reason/backing for the political situation we have devolved to.

Comment

Maybe a more fitting title to your post would be "Disappointed with politicians." I'm pretty sure HPD Officers would love to have to some help so they can respond in a timely manner. Nobody wants to sign up for the job anymore and it's not just in large cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                              Million dollar homes residents tend to be the reason/backing for the political situation we have devolved to.
                              Yep. Wife builds custom homes in the Heights. The conservatives are outnumbered big time in those areas.

Comment

Not the cops fault, it where YOU choose to live and or commute. Glad your wife is ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X