I need a new chainsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a new chainsaw

I've had it with my husqvarna 240. Looking for some suggestions. I'm not cutting down trees for a living, but I don't a little chainsaw either. Starting Looking at maybe going the battery powered way. Either 16 or 18in bar.

Thanks

Mike

Echo CS-490 is what my shop recommended.

Comment

Stihl ms180 16in bar. Not heavy won't break the bank and will cut what you need to

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
        Stihl ms180 16in bar. Not heavy won't break the bank and will cut what you need to
        Ditto, ditto, ditto. Had mine sitting for almost 3 years. Started on 3rd pull. Had it for 10 years and won't get another.

Comment

I use a 20" Stihl that can be heavy for some jobs. MS 290 I think is the model. My shop that I get parts at said that the new battery Stihl's are great, just a bit pricey.

Comment

Stihl or Echo for sure. It's hard to give a model specific recommendation not knowing how much you'll use it.

Comment

Can’t go wrong with a Stihl.

Comment

All stihl everything

Comment

Stihl MS 181 C-BE. Had mine 6 years. Great saw.

MS 181 C-BE is a small & easy start chainsaw requiring less air filter maintenance. This chainsaw is ideal for pruning, thinning, felling & other landscaping jobs.

Comment

Stihl

Comment

Originally posted by txlawdog View Post
                      I use a 20" Stihl that can be heavy for some jobs. MS 290 I think is the model. My shop that I get parts at said that the new battery Stihl's are great, just a bit pricey.

This^ we have a MS290 and a MS270 (I think). Both saws have been fantastic and super reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hard to beat a Stihl…

Comment

i work for a Stihl dealer,, take a look at the ms250 with an 18" bar,, it's a fairly small saw but it a beast at the same time,,,, they make the ms251c which is a compression release model of the same saw.... it will walk all over the ms 170, 180 series, and will hang very well with the 262 and 290 models,,,,

Comment

Well a stihl of course. I have a ms290 farmboss I have had since 2002.

Comment

In the same boat... I am torn whether or not to go cordless electric as well. As I use a chainsaw about 2 or 3 times a year. My weed eater is on its last leg. And blower. So maybe a weekender, blower, Chainsaw that utilizes the same battery pack....

Comment

Working...
                              X