Is this a persimmon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAP View Post
    yeah they do, thats why they are good to deer hunt over. Our rain amounts and cool months this summer have been really weird. I dont know if that has had an effect on the native brush as far as seeding goes. I've got persimmon bushes that have already dropped their fruit over a month ago and other bushes that still have green fruit that is only half grown. I dont know if they can produce multiple crops a year or if some are just farther behind.
    I can tell you it definitely seems to have affected the oaks/acorn crop. What few acorns there are are tiny, like where they should’ve been in late May/early June. I’m sure the weathers got a bunch of plants and treed bass-ackwards right now.

Comment

Love that stuff

Comment

I was on a lease in San Saba a few years ago with some out of state transplants who had moved to North Texas, bought lots of stuff at Cabelas, and added me to their new lease to reduce their cost. While walking with one of the guys in the pasture one day, he pointed to a persimmon bush and said "What is that?" I replied "You're not from around here are you?"

Comment

Mexican Plum or Mex Persimmon. Not like whats in SETx and up through the Mid West.

Comment

Persimmons on my place in Polk County are looking abundant. Fruit is developing well. Looks like some of the oaks will produce big as well. The feeder guys are going to be crying this Fall.

Comment

Love the oaks

Comment

My favorite bush for brushing up pop up blinds.

Comment

Working...
                X