Saskatchewan Black Bear Hunt Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saskatchewan Black Bear Hunt Recap

Just spent the last 9 days in Shell Lake Saskatchewan with Marshland Outfitters on our first ever archery black bear hunt. To say I had the time of my life is an understatement. Saw new country, made some lifelong friends and we both killed two giant bears to cap off the trip. First class accommodations and food were just icing on the cake.
    I will be back and would HIGHLY recommend going with Ryan Marsh. Killed my bear the first night and dad's the 2nd night (Mine was just under a 20" skull, squared 7' and weighed 350 #'s and dad's was 19 6/8"). One bear was shot at 21 yards and the other 15.
    Wish I could figure out how to load videos. Had multiple bears climb the same tree I was in and had to swat them away with my hat and bow quiver. Also, I was shooting the Rage Trypans and have never had a blood trail like I did on my bear and I've killed 30 plus animals with the Hypo's.
    If anybody wants his contact info, send me a PM and I will gladly give you his personal cell. He also has a website too. Tell him Ryan Scott from TBH sent you and he'll hook you up if anybody reaches out to him.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by corps2010; 05-17-2022, 07:26 PM.

Nice!

Comment

Very awesome, big beautiful bears! Congrats!

Comment

That’s awesome. Congrats on 2 really nice bears. I’ve also had one start climbing the tree that I was in and the video footage got a little shaky to say the least.

Comment

Two great bears ! Congrats !

Comment

Big bears, congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations, nice shooting. And great pics of your hunting trip.

Comment

Very Nice....

Comment

Awesome hunt. Would book Canada bear tomorrow if I didn’t have to get the jab to go. Congrats to you and your Pops!

Comment

more congrats on a great trip

can you make a summary of the international travel hoops and getting everything back?

Comment

Awesome stuff! I leave two weeks from tomorrow for Alaska for my first bear hunt, excited to say the least and this doesn’t help!

Comment

Great bears! Congrats to both of you!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Great job and looks like an awesome hunt!

Was there any fishing available?

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                            more congrats on a great trip

can you make a summary of the international travel hoops and getting everything back?
                            Sure thing. As long as your traveling with a bow, then it's smooth sailing. (a couple of gun hunters we met missed their flight cuz TSA flagged them for having firearms and had to search all their stuff).
                            We flew from George Bush Int'l to Calgary Alberta, had a short layover, then hopped on a plane to Saskatoon. Getting up there was easy. Getting back was a little more trouble but not to bad.
                            We had to buy heavy duty tupperware totes to put our frozen bear hides in to fly home. (we flew with WestJet and AirCanada and AC requires all extra overweight bags to be under 70 lbs, so make **** sure you're not over before getting to the airport... it's a PIA to try and move stuff around to make all your bags weigh less than 70 lbs when you have frozen hides and skulls to pack home, trust me lol).
                            The only hiccup we had was on the way home. At the airport, they require you show your vaccination card and a negative Covid test result. (we didn't know about the Covid test, but they had a small office setup where you could get a rapid Antigen test done for $65, so we did that).
                            Hope this helps. Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions and I'll be happy to answer them.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
                              Great job and looks like an awesome hunt!

Was there any fishing available?
                              He offers fishing if you tag out early, but the lakes were still partially frozen while we were there.

He just opened a fly in camp 67 miles south of the NW Territories that offers some of the best fishing around. (the 3 lakes he has sole access too haven't been fished or hunted in 17 years). He's going to offer remote bear hunts out of this location too and has some mega giants running around.
                              Between two boats in one day, they caugght 300 walleye in 2 hours, and the next day they caught 17 northerns over 40 inches with 3 over 50".
                              www.marshlandfishing.com is his website for his fly in camp. Next time I go back, that's where I'll be going. (they just built some of the nicest cabins you could ask for when being in a remote area like they are).

Comment

Working...
                              X