What is too close to your ex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is too close to your ex

Looking at buying a house but found out it's literally right around the corner from the rental house my ex is moving into at the end of the month. I was literally about to write a check for earnest money down when I found out.

She and I get along fine and no drama but dang that's too close for me.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Too close is however is too close in your mind. How close is close enough to the kiddos

Comment

If kids, I would live across the street. If she was remarried and I was remarried, around the corner would be fine with me.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell8 View Post
        too close is however is too close in your mind. How close is close enough to the kiddos
        100%

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
          Too close is however is too close in your mind. How close is close enough to the kiddos

In that case, every time a thought or word of her enters my mind, that's too close.

Comment

Just looked it up on Google maps - 1,307 miles apart has worked out well for me since 1981. (No kids involved)

Comment

Probably best to give her plenty of room for the kids sake same town may be too close

Comment

Really about the kids at this point. Closer the better if y’all get along IMO

Comment

If you get along, no biggie imo. If you didn’t it’s best for kids to have some room from the snakes venom. I didn’t get along with mine and 30 mins is perfect. She is now since divorced again and we get along just fine

Comment

Needs to out of walking distance and not a house that I’d drive by everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really don't think you'll find the answer here. It will be in your heart. Nobody here knows all of the particulars of your situation. I'm on my third wife so yes I've been there more than once obviously. First wife with my child (33 now) has lived a mile away for the last 17 years and no problems. Of course we don't do brunch or holidays.

Comment

How did you find out?

Comment

Heck man. You buying, she renting. I would do it. AS long as you cant see her house all will be fine. Plus who knows how long she will rent there. Having the kids in walking distance will benifit both of you.

Comment

Thats close enough for a late night quickie

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                              Perfect, beats the every other weekend 6.5 hour drive.

Comment

Working...
                              X