If you could Live to be 100 years old during anytime in history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could Live to be 100 years old during anytime in history

when would you want to live? Pick your 100 years and tell me why.

I think for me it would be 1860-1960. The west was still wild. I’d be a 20 year old Texas gunslinger in 1880. Many times I wish I’d of been born at least 100 years sooner. So many things were invented during that time. I’d experience the roaring 20’s. Even still be kicking for the rocking 50’s. Start my life living off the land and end it in a cozy air conditioned house with all the comforts of home.

Why are you dreaming of the past, my friend?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

I think for me it would be 1860-1960. The west was still wild. I’d be a 20 year old Texas gunslinger in 1880. Many times I wish I’d of been born at least 100 years sooner. So many things were invented during that time. I’d experience the roaring 20’s. Even still be kicking for the rocking 50’s. Start my life living off the land and end it in a cozy air conditioned house with all the comforts of home.
      Might wanna go 1820-1920 lol
      You’d be 70 years old when the Great Depression hits. And 80 by the time it’s over. No Bueno….

Comment

Lord, I hope I'm not here for 100 years....can we narrow it down to 80?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
          Might wanna go 1820-1920 lol
          You’d be 70 years old when the Great Depression hits. And 80 by the time it’s over. No Bueno….

That means I’d already be retired and living fat and happy.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

I like the way you’re thinking. Too young to be in the Civil War or remember the worst parts of reconstruction and too old for both world wars. However you’d get to see some of the old west as a young man. What changes! My grandfather was born in 1889 and lived until 1981 so he went from horse and buggy to men on the moon in his lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I like the way you’re thinking. Too young to be in the Civil War or remember the worst parts of reconstruction and too old for both world wars. However you’d get to see some of the old west as a young man. What changes! My grandfather was born in 1889 and lived until 1981 so he went from horse and buggy to men on the moon in his lifetime.
              Same for my great grandad. Born 1884. Died 1984. I remember him telling us stories from when he was a boy of his dad and uncle coming back from a trip to town where they were chased by Indians and his uncle had an arrow stuck in his saddle. Uhm, no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post

Exactly! What a awesome life he experienced

Comment

What a time to be alive. Wonder how many people where retired in Great Depression just to have to go back to work. We get to go from rotary phones to Iphones to artificial intelligence. Landing on mars. Electric vehicles, fake food, all types of advances in the name of bettering society that I’m not a fan of
                  Last edited by Mitchell8; 05-04-2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I would pick 1987 and beyond! Like I'm guna do, except I'll prob run out of gas at year 60 or 70. I don't know

Comment

S.S. didn't start until 34 or 35. There was no retirement you just worked till you died.

Comment

At my age, 81 yrs old, I have had a great life, and this is the time I want to live and I know my life is getting short every day, but? Forget it, I'll think about it tomorrow. LOL

Comment

the 1800s had to suck in real time. no a/c, no h.e.b.s for food. real bad hygiene from everyone.... give me the 70s again. had fast cars,and boats. cheep gas, drive in moves, weed $10 a bag, most all the ladies was on the pill.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                            Lord, I hope I'm not here for 100 years....can we narrow it down to 80?

Probably no need to worry

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                              Probably no need to worry
                              [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                              X