Active shooter in Uvalde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
    Abbott Cruz and Patrick are all a POS! Is there any other viable republican candidates that can replace these lying two faced POS hypocrites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Start your campaign, ain’t nobody stopping you.

Comment

Originally posted by mrddye View Post
      I hate to make assumptions when I do not know the truth but since so many are already doing so I’ll do it.

I would imagine the 19 in the hall were thinking of everything and anything they could to get in. The door was locked and there is no just rushing in. You aren’t going to kick in a locked classroom door. And if you were to try, bullets are headed your direction. And possibly into kids directions. No one has discussed that maybe they were talking to the killer. Maybe he said some things that made them not immediately attempt to get in that room.

There are too many unknowns to call 19 men and women that rushed into the gunfire to save peoples lives “cowards”. Was everything perfectly executed. Absolutely not and hopefully we learn a lot from this tragedy. But I am going to refrain from calling my brother and sisters cowards before everything is laid out.

I posted a link a short time ago. The off dirt BP agent was getting a hair cut when his wife said the school was under attack. He grabs the barbers shot gun and hauled *** to the school. I absolutely have respect for LEO’s but sometimes we allow protocol to get in the way. I’m a 21 year fireman and have seen it ( although not on a scale like a mass shooting). At one time it took courage to put yourself into that job, now anyone who passed the test gets the job. With the advent of public service unions the standards changed. I do know that most who put on the badge are in fact brave but there are plenty of examples of cowards. I’m not saying this situation is one of cowardice but it certainly is an example of hero’s allowing protocol to get in the way

Comment

Wow, mom drove 40 miles and rescued her own two kids out of the school. Wow, momma bear took over.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea why the teacher propped the door open just before he entered the school?

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
            Does anyone have any idea why the teacher propped the door open just before he entered the school?
            It was reported so she could get her phone out of her car.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
              it was reported so she could get her phone out of her car.
              10-4

Comment

Originally posted by mrddye View Post
                I hate to make assumptions when I do not know the truth but since so many are already doing so I’ll do it.

I would imagine the 19 in the hall were thinking of everything and anything they could to get in. The door was locked and there is no just rushing in. You aren’t going to kick in a locked classroom door. And if you were to try, bullets are headed your direction. And possibly into kids directions. No one has discussed that maybe they were talking to the killer. Maybe he said some things that made them not immediately attempt to get in that room.

There are too many unknowns to call 19 men and women that rushed into the gunfire to save peoples lives “cowards”. Was everything perfectly executed. Absolutely not and hopefully we learn a lot from this tragedy. But I am going to refrain from calling my brother and sisters cowards before everything is laid out.

They stood in the hallway for 45 minutes while a gunman was in a room full of elementary school children a bunch of whom he'd already murdered but some of which were confirmed to be alive. The kids could hear the police in the hall. 45 minutes, 45 minutes. Not 2 minutes to wait for someone to go grab a shotgun to get in the door. Not 5 minutes for someone to go get some AR's so they weren't outgunned. Not 8 minutes to come up with a viable plan to subdue the gunman. 45 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                  I read (speculation like about 90% of this thread) that she possibly walked out back to smoke. I don’t know if it takes a key or an electronic entry to get back through the door, if at all. I know that I have work security at some businesses and people would go out back to smoke through a “secured door” and kick a rock or something small into the door to keep it from shutting all the way so as not to be inconvenienced to get back in.

I have also worked ecurity at some secured college campus dorms and had the same issue. The students would kick a tiny rock into the metal door frame and it would force about a 1/8” gap to keep the door from locking. It was supposed to be a keypad only front door entry but the students got around it. When I made my rounds I will always check the door and often found the same situation. All the fancy electronic technology was disabled by a tiny rock.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                    I have about 2500rnds and maybe 15 30rnd mags.... call me nutty I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                    Amateur.

Comment

I have seen a lot of people ask the question of where he got the money for the guns. It is a valid question. But if the kid knew he was going to shoot up a school (i.e. no regard for laws) is it out of the question for him to have stolen who knows what and sold it to get the money? We all know there are no consequences or LEO action for theft. That is not a knock on LEO but a reality. He also apparently grew up with a crack head mom. You think he may have known some drug dealers with an easy way for him to make some money? Or being that close to the border, you think it would be that hard to get a job as a mule/cartel scout/whatever and raise that kind of money quick? For those asking the question, y'all are assuming he was a good kid with morals. Remove that from your thought process. He was an adult with more evil than imaginable.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                        I read (speculation like about 90% of this thread) that she possibly walked out back to smoke. I don’t know if it takes a key or an electronic entry to get back through the door, if at all. I know that I have work security at some businesses and people would go out back to smoke through a “secured door” and kick a rock or something small into the door to keep it from shutting all the way so as not to be inconvenienced to get back in.

I have also worked ecurity at some secured college campus dorms and had the same issue. The students would kick a tiny rock into the metal door frame and it would force about a 1/8” gap to keep the door from locking. It was supposed to be a keypad only front door entry but the students got around it. When I made my rounds I will always check the door and often found the same situation. All the fancy electronic technology was disabled by a tiny rock.
                        I can somewhat understand the one back door being propped open by accident. But it is hard to wrap my head around a teacher leaving their classroom door open also....during an active shooter lockdown. Same door that kept police locked out for a very long time.

Comment

I have three daughters that are school teachers and I'm not sure they could kill someone, if carrying a gun, before he killed them. Now my son-in-law and nephew would probably have no problem. My girls would follow protocol and hide students as instructed. Just thinking out loud. Don't flame me to bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            He had been working at Wendy’s for 4 years presumably full time or close to it with no expenses since he lived with grandparents.
                            What are the odds he was getting a government check having a crackhead mom?
                            Could it be that federal dollars payed for the guns and ammunition?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                Those of you wanting to raise the age to enter the military are so badly misguided...for many joining the armed services is a blessing & an opportunity to mature vs being unsure of their future. It is also a way for many to escape personal issues they may be experiencing & you would be neglecting them this opportunity. IMO, this would actually create more problems for young adults.

Besides, the military NEEDS 18-20yr olds...they have been fighting & dying for our republic since the days of Washington. It's pretty sad to see logic so easily abandoned when emotion is involved.

~~~~~~~~

“They didn’t learn anything from what happened in Texas at that school shooting; they didn’t learn anything from what happened in Parkland at that shooting, they didn’t learn anything from what happened at Sandy Hook,” Pollack exclaimed. “When you focus on just gun control, this is what happens. It’s happened again.”

Saw a article where they interviewed the Dad and he said an older daughter "Got out of this mess that is this family by joining the navy at that age."

Again, I hate when people blame the gun and not focus on the mental health of these preparators. Listening to all the teacher posts on here there's more of a need for community involvement at these schools then outlawing basic civil rights we were founded on.

Comment

Working...
                                X