2022 Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I heard Cris Young say that their strategy was to get Seager and Simian here to establish strong clubhouse chemistry and team identity, so that when the Josh Jungs and Jack Leiters of the org are big league ready, their adjustments will be quicker. It may be 100% BS, but I do like the sound of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    This is what I thought they were doing as well. Load up on good veterans with good defense and wait for the young pitching to develop. Maybe not this year, but next year, and the year after certainly, they’ll be set up for a run.

Comment

Just bought tickets for the 5/14 game against the Red Sox…nothing better than Ranger baseball in the Spring/Summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go Rangers... I hope Seager Kills other teams like he did the Rangers. He is the only guy I know on the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
          Go Rangers... I hope Seager Kills other teams like he did the Rangers. He is the only guy I know on the squad.

Different Seager.

Comment

I heard Cris Young say that their strategy was to get Seager and Simian here to establish strong clubhouse chemistry and team identity, so that when the Josh Jungs and Jack Leiters of the org are big league ready, their adjustments will be quicker. It may be 100% BS, but I do like the sound of it.

I’m sure Young means that. Sounds good, but they’d better be prepared to successfully develop on the farm, or continue to buy free agents, or both. Developing culture and building chemistry is sure important. The Angels have done it, for instance, plus they have the two best players on the planet. But, they’re a perennial non-playoff team. There’s just usually not enough talent throughout their roster for them to be contenders. Some semblance of depth is always the key

Comment

Originally posted by sandbill View Post
              I’m sure Young means that. Sounds good, but they’d better be prepared to successfully develop on the farm, or continue to buy free agents, or both. Developing culture and building chemistry is sure important. The Angels have done it, for instance, plus they have the two best players on the planet. But, they’re a perennial non-playoff team. There’s just usually not enough talent throughout their roster for them to be contenders. Some semblance of depth is always the key

I think Mike Scocsia was a big part of their problem.

Comment

I think Mike Scocsia was a big part of their problem.

Thats a good point. Opinions on woody?

I don't like him. Looks too squirrely.

Comment

Different Seager.

Well now I know zero guys. You can see I am lacking in my basebol knowledge. My give a crapper is broke!

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                    Thats a good point. Opinions on woody?

I don't like him. Looks too squirrely.

You don’t like him because the way he looks?

Comment

I believe they are going to be pretty good on offense and defense. The bullpen has a chance to be good as well once Leclerc and Hernandez get healthy. Starting pitching is obviously the weak point, but this is the year to find out who can step up and be part of the future. Should be a fun watch most nights. I'm ready!

Comment

What are the game viewing options if you don't have DirecTV? I hate 'em and wouldn't take them back if it was free.

Comment

I don't watch basketball anymore, and haven't seen any hockey this year. So, in my best Jerry Steinfelt voice: "What's the deal with Bally Sports?" Are the games not going to be on the picture box? Someone please enlighten me.

I was sad to see IKF and Jose Trevino go. But, that's the price of progress if guess. The club should be better. I think this year should be a referendum on Chris Woodward. They have enough talent to be a .500 club, maybe a little better. If they don't get there, i think Woodward has to be scrutinized. Looking forward to the season.

Play ball!

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                            I don't watch basketball anymore, and haven't seen any hockey this year. So, in my best Jerry Steinfelt voice: "What's the deal with Bally Sports?" Are the games not going to be on the picture box? Someone please enlighten me.

I was sad to see IKF and Jose Trevino go. But, that's the price of progress if guess. The club should be better. I think this year should be a referendum on Chris Woodward. They have enough talent to be a .500 club, maybe a little better. If they don't get there, i think Woodward has to be scrutinized. Looking forward to the season.

Play ball!

If you don't have Bally Sports on your current cable provider you have to either, change to one that does, buy a supplemental stream package from Bally's or do without.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              If you don't have Bally Sports on your current cable provider you have to either, change to one that does, buy a supplemental stream package from Bally's or do without.
                              Ahh. We have it. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Cautiously optimistic every year with the Rangers and this year is no different. I don't watch them like I used to. I can't stand to listen to the TV guys and all their talk about launch angle and exit velo. All that doesn't matter if it is an out. I am not an analytics guy, just an old fashioned baseball fan. I like the small and hit and runs. Put the ball in play and make the defense work!

I like the additions of Seager and Semian. I don't think the Rangers have enough at the corner infield or outfield positions yet. When Jung gets back hopefully that will help. That dude can rake. As far as pitching goes, nothing much has changed over the years as we all know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X