No announcement yet.

I took my grandad hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of these story's are great. I love hearing stories like these.

Comment

These are some great stories!! I hunt with my grandad in Oklahoma every year since he bought me my Oklahoma lifetime license and gave me the original 440 acres, every deer I’ve taken up there I’ve said a prayer and thanked him for it. His contribution to a 183” deer last year was the best ever since it came from his original stand location, his favorite spot to hunt and I killed it with his old rifle. I cried like a baby when it all happened and it was one of the most awesome experiences of my life. I’d give anything for one more hunt together but we’ll be hunting and fishing again one day soon.

Comment

my pops hunted with a sako finbear deluxe 243 it has a weaver k-4 on top of it. We call it meat in the pot. because when it comes out meat goes in the pot. Its killed tons of critters over the years. I makes special trips about once a year to kill something. Its still a tack driver

Comment

Not long ago my Dad gave me my Pa Pa's 'old timer' knife. It's the old collapsible 3 blade model. It's been sitting in a drawer for 35 years!

I've also got a knife from my wife's grand father. He was pretty old when I married into the family. But we were both outdoorsman and hit it off real quick. He started inviting me on his annual hunts. I'd haul him up to the blind and clean his deer and just take care of him in generally.

He had a knife engraved with my initials. It had a gut hook on the end of the knife and I broke the blade trying to slip the hip joint on a deer I'd killed. I was so mad I'd done that.

A few years later, he passed away. When we were going through his stuff, I found the exact same knife with his initials engraved on it. And I got to keep it.

So I get to take both of those wonderful old gentlemen to the skinning rack with me now.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
            Not long ago my Dad gave me my Pa Pa's 'old timer' knife. It's the old collapsible 3 blade model. It's been sitting in a drawer for 35 years!

I've also got a knife from my wife's grand father. He was pretty old when I married into the family. But we were both outdoorsman and hit it off real quick. He started inviting me on his annual hunts. I'd haul him up to the blind and clean his deer and just take care of him in generally.

He had a knife engraved with my initials. It had a gut hook on the end of the knife and I broke the blade trying to slip the hip joint on a deer I'd killed. I was so mad I'd done that.

A few years later, he passed away. When we were going through his stuff, I found the exact same knife with his initials engraved on it. And I got to keep it.

So I get to take both of those wonderful old gentlemen to the skinning rack with me now.
            I've got that exact same Old Timer knife from my grandad who's jacket I'm wearing. He was a cattleman and I can remember him roping and castrating calfs with that knife.

Comment

Working...
            X