Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest

This is going to be a long read...

Finally got to get back to the lease thanksgiving weekend and got it done on a doe and my biggest buck, conveniently on the same morning. Saturday morning started off rough, I had a funny feeling my feeder would be empty so I took a half of bag of corn with me. Turned out I was right, so here I am trying to put some corn in the feeder as quietly as I could and dumped the rest on the ground. Finally got in the stand and everything sorted and ready, I wasn’t feeling too good about my odds of seeing a deer since it was 75 degrees when I got out of the truck and wind blowing hard.
    Once it got daylight and the feeder went off i was shocked when I saw 4 does coming straight to the feeder. Texted my dad and he said shoot one since we got some doe days this year, with all the wind they were jumpy and running back and forth. One finally stood still long enough for me to shoot, 18 yard shot quartering away and she was down in 50 and I watched her fall. First deer with the Magnus black hornets and I’m impressed.....

So My dad and i decided to just stay in the stand and see if he has the opportunity to shoot something since he hasn’t killed anything all season. At 8:45 I’m kicked back in the chair and look up and all I see is a buck with a big frame coming out of the creek and he’s coming straight to the feeder. About 50 yards out he stops and looks over at the doe and turns and starts walking to her, I quickly got the rifle out the window and as soon as he entered my lane I let the 270 bark and sent a sst his way. I was a nervous wreck when I didn’t see him fall. Turns out he went 50 yards and was done.

Not having realized what deer I shot at first, I didn’t even know how many points he had lol. Once we got up to him and I saw him, I realized I only have 2 pictures of this buck and that was in August. He was the last deer I expected to see, much less be the first buck of the season I’ve seen in person. My first 10 point (I’m counting the nub) and I couldn’t be happier

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0831.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	25198355

Name:	IMG_0349.jpg
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	25198356

Name:	IMG_0351.jpg
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	25198357
    Only pic I took with the doe in it

Name:	IMG_0841.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	25198358

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What a great buck...congrats

Comment

Congrats man

Comment

Beautiful buck. Congrats

Comment

Good looking buck. Congrats!

Comment

Very nice buck!!! Congrats again on the doe as well. I knew that Black Hornet would be good to ya. You had a great morning in the deer woods.

I was happy to see your text about it.

Comment

Good Deer!

Comment

Way to get it done!

Comment

Sometime it's just your day, and today was yours my friend. Congratulations.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good lookin buck, congrats.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

Nice deer and a great double

Comment

You count that nub. Good looking buck.

Comment