Christmas in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas in NYC

It may or may not be a little early but my family and I are trying to plan our trip to NYC for Christmas week. We will arrive the 22nd and leave on the 26th. My wife and I have been before but this will be our kids’ first trip (8 & 12).

First, we fly into LaGuardia since SWA quit going to Newark. Best way to get from LaG to Times Square? Looks like maybe bus to purple line then over?

We’ve got a lot of our day to day stuff lined up. I want to hit a beautiful old church for Christmas Eve services. The better the choir the better. Anyone have a great recommendation for this?

Gonna eat Christmas Dinner in Chinatown. We’ve only eaten there once. Best place for this? I want a ducks hanging in the window type of place (think A Christmas Story).

This may be our only trip to NYC at Christmas and I obviously want to make it special for the family. Any other pointers for a Christmas trip up there?

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
    It may or may not be a little early but my family and I are trying to plan our trip to NYC for Christmas week. We will arrive the 22nd and leave on the 26th. My wife and I have been before but this will be our kids’ first trip (8 & 12).

First, we fly into LaGuardia since SWA quit going to Newark. Best way to get from LaG to Times Square? Looks like maybe bus to purple line then over?

We’ve got a lot of our day to day stuff lined up. I want to hit a beautiful old church for Christmas Eve services. The better the choir the better. Anyone have a great recommendation for this?

Gonna eat Christmas Dinner in Chinatown. We’ve only eaten there once. Best place for this? I want a ducks hanging in the window type of place (think A Christmas Story).

This may be our only trip to NYC at Christmas and I obviously want to make it special for the family. Any other pointers for a Christmas trip up there?

only thing i didnt see on the list was visitng the tree in rockerfeller center i think is where its at?

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
      only thing i didnt see on the list was visitng the tree in rockerfeller center i think is where its at?
      Yes sir, that’s on the list! We’re staying on Times Square and we’ll do Central Park. My wife wants to go to the top of one of the tall buildings and look around (I’ll probably stay on the ground!”. Pizza, pizza and pizza! Freddie and Peppers was our first taste so it’ll be where we take the kids also.

The boy wants to ice skate but I think I’ve convinced him that we can do that here.

Comment

Get an uber or lyft.

Comment

We used Lyft for everything. Never waited more than a few minutes for a ride.

Comment

We really enjoy using the subways. Both in NYC and Boston. I told my wife I didn’t want to get on a car while we were there. She wants to go look at lights in Dyker Heights ( I think that’s the name of the neighborhood) so we may have to take a Lyft while there. Subways are super convenient, at least in our experience.

Comment

Working...
            X