The big snakes roam at night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big snakes roam at night!

Pulled cards today. The date is right - last week. With several hard freezes in the days before I figured all our slithering brethren would be underground somewhere. But then I looked back and saw it got into the 50’s that day. You think the pig ate the snake?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bet he tried to hopefully he succeeded

Comment

Wowser thats a big snake!!
      I'd keep that porker around if he took care of that thing.

Comment

Make a pretty good porch pet

Comment

They're still out. Somebody close to here found 42 the day before yesterday. I saw 4 two weekends ago,1 about an hour ago.

Hard telling if that pig ate it. I doubt it.

Comment

Guesses as to species? My first thought was rattler but now that I blow it up I think bull or rat snake. I don’t think rattlers get that big around here

Comment

Western Diamondback.

You can see the black and white bands on its tail. If they live long enough they'll reach 6'+.
              Last edited by okrattler; 11-24-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                Western Diamondback.
                Wow - in the three years we’ve been on this place we’ve killed a few but never more than about 30” long

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Wow - in the three years we’ve been on this place we’ve killed a few but never more than about 30” long
                  They can definitely get big. The biggest Oklahoma snake I've seen was probably 68" (i think) and as big around as a softball. Biggest Texas snake I've seen was 84". Big enough around that finding a cottontail rabbit in it was a surprise.

That one is probably somewhere around 6 feet long. I'd imagine it's pretty old because normally up in the Northern part of Texas clear up into the panhandle 5 footers are about the biggest you'll find. It gets colder for longer periods of time so the snakes ain't near as big as they are in South Texas.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 11-24-2019, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Cool Pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The camera was over hand corn I throw out 12 yards away from one of my tripods along a creek trail. I’ll remember that pic when I’m walking in and out in the dark

Comment

Hopefully the pig ate the snake only after receiving a lethal dose of venom. Win, win !

Comment

That snake may have ate the pig

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            The camera was over hand corn I throw out 12 yards away from one of my tripods along a creek trail. I’ll remember that pic when I’m walking in and out in the dark
                            He is only trying to help with the rodent population eating your hand corn..
                            ...he's your buddy in reality

Comment

That is a cool pic... wish there was video to see the ending. Looks like they know they’re about to go a few rounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X