Destination-some where in Colorado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and I are looking for weekend get away with cooler weather. I am thinking Colorado would be nice. Maybe Colorado Springs or something like that. Main goal is to get away from the rat race and slow down some. Any recommendations from anyone here? I am not stuck on Colorado, I do like the short flight times though. Anyone have rentals up there by chance? Open to other ideas/destination suggestions.

Here’s the weather I’m about to get to. Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^ what he said^^^

Comment

Don’t blink or your gonna miss Moran Wyoming lol. They do have some bad *** cabins there tho! Right below Yellowstone too.

Comment

Pagosa Springs area

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
            Don’t blink or your gonna miss Moran Wyoming lol. They do have some bad *** cabins there tho! Right below Yellowstone too.

I’ve been there a few times. It’s just one of a few destinations in Wyoming and Montana over 10 days.

Comment

I am partial to the Fairplay area... 30 minutes to Breckenridge, and a short drive to Jefferson Lake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1077.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	24584227

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1080.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	24584228

The lake is over 400 ft. Deep, approximately 12,000 Elevation.

Plenty of things to do in Breck/ Frisco.

Comment

Creede, Lake City area is absolutely awesome. Pagosa Springs is kinda in the neighborhood as well

Comment

Just skip Colorado and fly to Wyoming. We're in the monsoon flow now so bring a jacket, afternoon storms cool things down nicely.

Comment

Estes park is good for a short trip. Close to Denver airport.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                      Just skip Colorado and fly to Wyoming. We're in the monsoon flow now so bring a jacket, afternoon storms cool things down nicely.
                      Any suggestions for easy fly into and small town setup. Maybe a Cabin rental or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        Thank you, that looks nice. Adding to the list for sure

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                          Pagosa Springs area
                          We are here now, it’s absolutely gorgeous! We’ve hiked Piedra Falls, it’s phenomenal this year with the abundance of snow melt filling the rivers. We drove over to Silverton yesterday and enjoyed the town and museum, and today drove the opposite direction over Wolf Creek pass thru South Fork and up to the Great Sand Dune National Park. Just some gorgeous scenery and worked out our legs and calves climbing the dunes. It’s a brisk 47° here now, and the highs are in the low 80’s which feel like the upper 60’s at home. Fly into Denver and over to Durango and rent a Jeep, and explore to your hearts content if you don’t want to make the drive

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post

Estes is nice but touristy. Spend a day in RMNP if you want to see some wildlife.

Comment

Winter park. In close proximity to Arapaho NP and Rocky Mountain NP. We make several trips a year and love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X