Raw Land for Barndo, Bell County ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raw Land for Barndo, Bell County ?

If I am lucky enough to find some raw land (that is not outrageous) for a Barndo build in Bell County within 30 miles of Temple (where we both grew up), who would you recommend for the:

Slab/Driveway
    Building and erection
    Electricity
    Plumbing
    Insulation
    Septic
    Water Well

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated and checked out.

Here is my situation. Wife is retiring in December, me in May of 2020 unless I win the lottery. We have been approved for $300,000 for land purchase (with a build of something) or a house with land, as that is all we want to do as we do not want to go into debt when we are retired. We are going to be debt free when we do this, but the wife is concerned about what everything will cost. I can do the majority of the inside, framing to finish work, but she is also concerned about the time it will take to finish and get moved into a finished product.

Any help, suggestions and names of people I can contact would be greatly appreciated.

We are the ones that flew the coup so to speak. Remaining aging parents and family want us back in the fold!

Thanks guys and gals. Nothing like the suggestions and support on the GS!

Pad/Driveway / Glen Ivey or Scott Stroud

Septic / Scott Stroud

Plumbing / Ben Mauldin

HVAC/ Little Man's.. Herman is the guys name

Electrical / Pat Kelly.. Kelly Electric

Slab/ Charlie McQueen

Framer/ Eddy I cant remember his last name but can get it for you.

Let me know what else you need.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Some I know and like:

Slab: Mcqueen as mentioned above.
      Framing: David Beruman
      Plumbing: Daniel Castillo (C.A.P.S Mechanical)
      Septic: Chet Sutton
      Well: Lovelace or Ramm
      Pad and drive: Matt Tubbs

I have or can get #s for any of the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys. Any contact info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          Thanks guys. Any contact info would be greatly appreciated.

When I get to my laptop, I’ll send them over.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
            When I get to my laptop, I’ll send them over.

Thanks!

Comment

Might look for land between Salado and Florence, some pretty places out there.

Comment

I have been looking for the last few month's. Problem is, land prices per acres that I have seen have been at least $10,000 per acre up to $60,000 for a half acre in an HOA or subdivision. To me that is scary HI, but the wife does not want to be more than 30 miles from Temple. We have seen some places we both like, but too far for her and some of the places we have scheduled to see have seen had a contract before we get there or get a contract while we are there.

I really do not want to buy in a HOA or a subdivision unless the land is no less than 1/2 acre. We are being picky for sure, hoping we can find the right place. We are both 66 and do not want anything over 5 acres unless it is something that is an unbelievable buy, but so far those have not shown. I grew up in Temple as did the wife and we have family and friends looking also with no luck.

We might be too picky, but it will be May 2020 until I retire unless I will a big lottery so we still have time.

I understand the cost and it is the people's land, but we will be debt free when and if we move and I do not want to spend over half of what we hope to get for our home in Lubbock on just land. Our budget for anything we buy TOTAL is $300,000 but that will have to include something like land we can build a barndo on or land with a house around 2000 sq ft and not spend over $300,000.

Comment

Look around moody or rogers for some land, still close to temple but nice small towns

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                    Look around moody or rogers for some land, still close to temple but nice small towns
                    We are looking everywhere. I would love to buy something out towards Rodgers and Academy, but so far nothing or should I say nothing that is affordable to me.

Comment

We are looking everywhere. I would love to buy something out towards Rodgers and Academy, but so far nothing or should I say nothing that is affordable to me.
                      We are out between Holland and Rogers. There is some pretty land out this way and only 25 miles from Temple. I'll keep my eyes piled for you. When you get ready to pull the trigger on building send me a PM and I'll get you them phone numbers to the contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
                        We are out between Holland and Rogers. There is some pretty land out this way and only 25 miles from Temple. I'll keep my eyes piled for you. When you get ready to pull the trigger on building send me a PM and I'll get you them phone numbers to the contractors.

I’m in the same boat. Looking for some good land to build on at a reasonable price

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post

Thank you!

Comment

Thank you!
                            Yes sir

Comment

If I am lucky enough to find some raw land (that is not outrageous) for a Barndo build in Bell County within 30 miles of Temple (where we both grew up), who would you recommend for the:

Slab/Driveway

Building and erection

Electricity

Plumbing

Insulation

Septic

Water Well

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated and checked out.

Here is my situation. Wife is retiring in December, me in May of 2020 unless I win the lottery. We have been approved for $300,000 for land purchase (with a build of something) or a house with land, as that is all we want to do as we do not want to go into debt when we are retired. We are going to be debt free when we do this, but the wife is concerned about what everything will cost. I can do the majority of the inside, framing to finish work, but she is also concerned about the time it will take to finish and get moved into a finished product.

Any help, suggestions and names of people I can contact would be greatly appreciated.

We are the ones that flew the coup so to speak. Remaining aging parents and family want us back in the fold!

Thanks guys and gals. Nothing like the suggestions and support on the GS!

Did y’all find something yet?

We may soon be looking for contractor suggestions as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X