What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

Ok so I have a bowhunting question for you guys.. Kind of a ethics question. But kind of just a I dont want to lose an animal question..

I will start by saying this is something that I saw on facebook.. And some of the comments absolutely blew my mind.. This was on a archery "Athletes" page..

You are hunting in the midwest and shoot a solid buck.. The shot is good but the exit hole is very low right behind the shoulder 1/4" or so from the bottom of the chest.. The deer doesnt know what happened and is standing there broadside at 20-40 yards.. What do you do??

A. grab another arrow and put one through both lungs and quickly end it making sure the deer doesnt some how run off?

B. Grab your cell phone and film the deer within bow range standing there bleeding for almost 2 min??

Well the "Athlete" Decided B.. He literally filmed this deer for 1:45 seconds standing within bow range bleeding.. Then posted how tough the deer was.. That is not the crazy part.. Some of the comments on his video were litterally saying that it was unethical to shoot the deer because it would cause more pain?? Another response said you had more chance of losing the deer if you put another arrow in him because his adrenaline would spike causing him to run no telling how far?? And one more said that every deer shot with a bow takes that long to die?

Here is the post if you want to see the video..

As long as they are in a range I am comfortable shooting I will shoot until I am out of arrows

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Always put another shot on any animal if given the opportunity. Out of range then I record with camera or phone.

Comment

If it were me it'd look like a pin cushion. As long as it was standing there I'd be shooting it.

Comment

Follow up shot for sure.

Comment

I keep shooting until they are dead or I don’t have a shot anymore. That is bow or rifle. But, I hunt for myself and don’t video anything. I don’t care about what I am going to put on social media unless it’s a pic of a dead critter. The more holes the better!

Comment

I had a feeling this would be the majority on here.. But good god I just couldnt believe what I was reading on that post..

Comment

What would you do?

If you can get another arrow in him, do it!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I am shooting until it is down or out of range!

Comment

I’ll start by saying that I’m a huge advocate for shooting again, ESPECIALLY with a bow. But that deer was bleeding like a stuck hog. It was obvious he was going nowhere fast, and the guy may have not been wanting to spook him into a run (although I doubt that deer could).

I can not believe that deer kept its feet that long with its heart shot out. I don’t video anything, and I personally might have drawn again, but I can see why he didn’t. That was over the second he released.

Comment

It's because some hunters are more about being Social Media hypester than making the right decision. They rather make a cool video than process things through their pea brain.

Comment

People are dumb. No surprise.

Comment

It didn't matter what the guy did after that first shot. The deer was pouring out blood like a garden hose and was clearly gonna be dead in a a few more seconds.

I'd typically shoot another arrow, but in that particular instance I don't fault the guy for being confident enough to not shoot again. That deer was NOT going to survive long at all.

Comment

For me, if given a good clean follow-up shot I would take it every day. 2 holes are always better than 1.

Comment

I'm shooting again without a doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X