Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grim Reaper’s are so deadly they kill even when they don’t deploy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    They would, but the blades were locked in solid. Normally they are loose and will flop back open after delpoly.

Guess were are about to find out. About to cut him open after I answer nature’s call

Waiting for pics on this. Hide and meat would be nice.

Edit: And great 6pt too!
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-22-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I’ve found many of them closed when I found the arrow. It opened when it need to and slammed shut.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        I bet it opened and closed as it backed out since there was no pass through.
        Yep

Comment

Glad you got him! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            I bet it opened and closed as it backed out since there was no pass through.
            This ^^^^ !

Comment

I shoot grim reapers have killed lots of deer with them, they almost always are closed when I retrieve my arrow, they slap back closed. Gut the deer and you will see we’re it cut.

Comment

Dang, I could of sh$t, had that deer on ice, and drank 3 beers by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post

Why stop after 3! The GS can be updated tomorrow

Comment

Alright I stand corrected, the lung had a defined “triangle” laceration & the hide had somewhat of an “opened” pattern. But the heart and far lung had no evidence of trauma. Penetration was less than half the width/depth of the chest cavity. I did center punch a rib, but I’ve center punched a lot of ribs and never had an issue getting a full pass through.

Shooting 58ish lbs. definitely not the heaviest draw, but I’ve never needed more for whitetail inside 20 yards.

Not very impressed with the performance of this head. I’m sure others have had great experiences, but I won’t be able to trust them going forward

Click image for larger version

Name:	15B9B50F-6A52-4D0A-ACD0-A41C66CD2F89.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	24600065

Name:	18E8AAFB-2AA4-4122-8F78-8ECCF1986446.jpeg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	24600066

Name:	3FD6CD18-60A9-487C-BE55-B592161D9124.jpeg
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	24600067

Name:	6DDC4476-B871-43BC-AC2F-3612F98338FD.jpeg
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	24600068

Comment

Well I did all that, called my wife and kids and at dinner. Didn’t realize you were on the edge of your seats!

Comment

58 lbs for a mechanical is a little low imo. Especially if you hit bone.
                        When I went from 70 to 60 lbs. I switched to fixed blades. I like ram cats and slick tricks

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Well I did all that, called my wife and kids and at dinner. Didn’t realize you were on the edge of your seats!
                          No big deal. I already knew the outcome

Comment

What size/version of the grim reapers did you use? If it was the whitetail special 2” your bow might not have enough KE

Comment

58 lbs for a mechanical is a little low imo. Especially if you hit bone.
                              When I went from 70 to 60 lbs. I switched to fixed blades. I like ram cats and slick tricks

Yup, I’d have to agree with this. An archery pro I used in the past told me that for most of the mechanical broad heads out there , anything under 60-62 lbs was better served by using fixed blade heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Honestly, to little draw weight and maybe too little arrow weight. Deer is dead so that is good, but I understand your thoughts on not using them again. Weird things can surely happen when bow hunting!

Comment

Working...
                                X