African safari disaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
    I would write a check for the amount agreed upon (since owed), contact an attorney and sue him for the full amount. Take the offense
    Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by jb5001 View Post
      Did you ever get this resolved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I think the supreme court is going to hear the case

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Initiate legal proceedings. You have a strong case, and he is likely bluffing to intimidate and coerce you. He needs to be sued

Comment

Also wondering myself if this was resolved????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My closest friend is a PH in Africa and we Safari over there ever year. Africa is an unbelievable place but you have to be very, very careful who you go with. Ripping off American hunters is an art form over there and I see it every year. Also, you can get in a precarious situation (whether from animals, people, etc) quickly over there and need dependable people you can trust. Having said all that, Africa is the greatest place I have ever been and provided some of my most cherished memories. By the way, i have taken my entire family over there on multiple occasions, so it can be done safely.

Comment

Lemmie tell you this , that guy is worthless.

Comment

Just found this, read the whole thread, grumpy that there’s no conclusion yet

Comment

Was curious to see how this ended.

Comment

Originally posted by FattLip View Post
                    Was curious to see how this ended.
                    I was hoping it had been deleted.. The entire thing is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                      I’d pay him what was I agreed on and not a penny more. Let him take you to court if it doesn’t sit well with him. If he refuses to give you your animals don’t pay a dime and take him to court. This guy sounds like a straight up scam artist.
                      This... Hope you have paperwork with signatures

Comment

The accommodations didn't look the best but it beats the hell out of a tent, and let's face it, $2k a person to hunt is dirt cheap. Why does the OP think he should only have to pay half price for the 2 wounded animals???

Comment

I'm not sure if I missed it, the money issues are over the culls and wounded animals? I get the crappy accommodations and that needs to be addressed. But laying hate to a bunch of animals and saying you're not paying is kinda rough also.

It sounds like there were some issues on both sides. That said if I had hunters in and they shot 22 animals then said he arent paying, I probably would be a little heated on my responses.

Comment

Moral of the story- “there’s good guys and then there’s liars!” Verdict is in...scammie lammie lied he’s guilty, guilty, guilty!

For all those that say pay what you owe. A guy can write a check all day long but will it be cashed or discarded or even accepted. What are the odds this man is going to settle on what he gets. I work with clients that will spend $10k in legal fees to go after $2k. Of which some are crooks and never like to lose. Things get lost all the time even packages that are signed for...just ask a certain optics company I sent a scope back to (got that taken care of).

Comment

Thread title is misleading, glad your not dead!

Comment

You got screwed plain and simple. I'm not a lawyer but I have done 9 safaris in 5 countries so I have a bit of experience with it.

I would play hard ball with him and not pay him another dime. He lives in Texas, the contract was signed in Texas, I would turn an attorney lose on him to get every dime possible. If he is still listing his Zululand prop with the prices he quoted you on his website then he is vulnerable

Comment

Working...
                                X