Candid Shot For Critique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candid Shot For Critique

Critique....What you like, what you don't, what you would do, and how, please:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HcoCTJ2019.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	25193726

Todd

Good shot, would be a little better if the guy wasn't covering his face but it's an unstaged candid so it be what it be.

As far as processing, I personally prefer really contrasty punchy shots so I'd probably crank up the contrast a good bit but that's just my preference.

I do like the emotion on her face though

Comment

If you're gonna post pics like that you need to put on your reporter hat to get the backstory, otherwise guys like me are gonna think they found a **** in the punch bowl at prom!

Comment

I like the pic. The black and white candid goes well in this scene. Also, the Pearl is a great place for pictures - lots of scenic areas for portraits.

Comment

To me, the best candid shots don't include anyone looking at the camera. When someone is looking at the camera, it pretty much becomes a portrait. Either way, the best pics of people - whether candid or portrait - show the subject's personality in an engaging way. I don't know this girl or her personality, but the slouch and the blank stare probably aren't the real her.

The photo is technically good. The B&W processing is nice. But the timing of the actual shot with her slouch and expressionless stare, a couple other guys scratching their heads, everybody just kinda standing around, etc. doesn't generate a lot of interest into whatever is going on. Looks like pre-prom or pre-homecoming pics, I'm guessing - based on the attire and flowers. A candid shot of everybody looking at each other and laughing and such would communicate a more festive setting (to me).

Comment

Working...
          X