No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I saw our first mature (after 2 of them) chasing does around feeders on camera.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My nephew has had a rough year after a major car crash and a few surgeries. He’s a great kid who loves to hunt. I had picked out an old 10 point for him that I had a few years of history with. Sure enough after I videoed him opening weekend of bow season he disappeared. I ended up finding him last week 1/2 a mile away from where he normally lives chasing a doe. He hasn’t hit a feeder since opener of bow season, so I figured I better find him another buck.
      Yesterday afternoon i told him to go sit in my bow blind and shoot my target buck, a 7 year old 8 that’s really wide. I’d seen him 4 times this year and never could get him to come all the way into bow range. Sure enough I got the call right before dark that the buck came in and he popped him. Super proud of my nephew, and glad he was able to harvest such an old Hill Country buck after the kind of year he’s had. He measured 20 5/8” wide.
      Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations to your nephew! Wishing the best for him going forward.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

My dad and son hunted this weekend. I didn't get to go. Zach was out stalking this morning and got onto a big 10pt whitetail. Long story short.... It's hard to hit your mark when buck fever sets in.

Dad got his 2nd axis buck of the year yesterday evening.
            Last edited by Shane; 11-17-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Congratulations to your dad! Nice Axis.

Comment

Thanks everyone! Congrats to your dad Shane!

Comment

Congratulations yall that's awesome!

Comment

Congrats to your Nephew Puncher & your dad Shane!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                      Acorns are gone. Young deer hitting corn. Have not seen a mature anything in 5 days. Thinking about moving a camera To the orchard...........
                      Great news! We are heading up this weekend for 5 days

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                        Acorns are gone. Young deer hitting corn. Have not seen a mature anything in 5 days. Thinking about moving a camera To the orchard...........
                        Man our acorns aren't gone, the ground is littered with them everywhere and they are still falling. Hopefully this is the last of them, our feeder activity was way down this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                          Man our acorns aren't gone, the ground is littered with them everywhere and they are still falling. Hopefully this is the last of them, our feeder activity was way down this weekend.
                          In Richland Springs the ground is covered in acorns. There are still some falling and our deer couldn’t care less about corn. Been here 14 years and never seen this many acorns or lack of interest in corn.
                          Last edited by lilavidhunter; 11-21-2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Our deer activity it also extremely slow but we're giving it a go again this weekend.

Comment

I hope everyone is having a good weekend of hunting! I’ll be back down next weekend to get a hunt or two in between family festivities

Comment

I'm in.
                                McCulloch county
                                3rd and final sit if there weekend.
                                I can see corn on the ground under the feeder.
                                I haven't hung this spot in a couple years.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Working...
                                X