Light Color Leather in Truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Color Leather in Truck?

I am shopping for a new GMC truck and found one I really like except that it has the Dark Walnut/Slate interior instead of black. The seats are very light and I am worried about them getting dirty and staining. I have an office job so I am not getting in and out of the truck in dirty clothes very often but I will use it at the lease and to haul kids and dogs.

I'd like to hear from those who have light leather interior. Do you regret it?

Love it, stays cooler than dark leather also.

Comment

Don't do it. I have a Ford with the cream interior and its hell to keep clean

Comment

I left my window 1/2 down with a box of fried chicken and a cat got in and it left greasy stains, so anything to hide the wear and tear

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
          Don't do it. I have a Ford with the cream interior and its hell to keep clean
          THIS ^^^^

Something as simple as getting in and out while wearing blue jeans will "stain" the leather. Constantly cleaning it to keep it from permanently staining it is a royal PIA. Never again....

As far as "staying cooler", most new vehicles have heated and cooled seats. My last truck had black leather that were cooled as well. With tinted windows sitting out in the August heat, the seats never got scorching hot and the butt cooler works like a champ!

Comment

I had light tan leather seats in a truck and not sure if it was due to me working outside a sweating but after a month or two I had dye from my jeans staining the seats I had to sit on a towel every day to keep it from permanently staining. The worst part was I had the cooled seats and it won’t work through a towel

Comment

Had light leather once. Never again...

Comment

These comments are not what I wanted to hear but are confirming what I suspected. Guess I need to keep looking for black.

Comment

I have had black leather once... never again... lol

Seems that all have a preference. Mine stays pretty clean (coco dune in a chevrolet been sitting on them for 130k miles now) Took it in for a full detail a while back and they must have cleaned the mess out of it though...although i didn't think it was dirty, they sure got it clean and it looked brand new.

Comment

My wife has a QX80 with the wheat leather interior. VERY light. And with kids in and out of it all the time plus a 4 year old, we’ve had no problems keeping it clean. Leather cleans well. I prefer it over the dark leathers.

Comment

I prefer the lighter colored interiors myself, I would go for it. But I'm also sort of a clean freak, with my trucks interior.

Comment

Hard to keep clean and will stain easily. Never again.

Comment

I have a 2007, light tan leather. Biggest problem is wear on the leather edge getting in. Has worn the outer leather layer off.

Comment

They are easier to keep clean than cloth for sure. I had light grey in my last truck and never had a problem keeping them clean. I wish now I would have gotten light colored leather in my current truck with black cloth.

Comment

I much prefer Marathon seat covers over cloth than leather.

Comment

Working...
                              X