No announcement yet.

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pending second draw at Government Canyon for archery.

No results yet for Youth Gun Deer Either Sex.

Comment

Originally posted by staplehawk View Post
      That whole week of Oct 15. Looks like you, me and LiftnShoot, so far.

Well if we get picked again I’ll be looking forward to it lol. Unit 5 is mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

**** Tpwd.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
          where did you get this info?
          X2

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

i would assume they draw the hunts in some order, maybe alphabetical order as the hunts are listed on the web site. if this is the case they would need to redraw for every hunt after Choke Canyon to keep it legit and honor preference points

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
              i would assume they draw the hunts in some order, maybe alphabetical order as the hunts are listed on the web site. if this is the case they would need to redraw for every hunt after Choke Canyon to keep it legit and honor preference points
              That's too much work and they don't care enough

Comment

My permit stated preference points would be reset for next years drawing. I think you get all your pp for every drawing this year even if you are selected on the first draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                  My permit stated preference points would be reset for next years drawing. I think you get all your pp for every drawing this year even if you are selected on the first draw.
                  Correct, each drawing in a category is done separately and your points are applied to every application.

Comment

Originally posted by Sideler View Post
                    I don't care about next year, I planned on hunting this year

And if the snafu deleted my points before the other drawings in the other areas for the same hunt category?

Comment

Mine is still showing my preference points but also states I Won and then Withdrawn. With no lease this year I got really excited when I received the email I won and now this crap!!!

Comment

Anyone got an email or seen a news release about what’s up? Still drawing or everything stopped?

Comment

Mine now shows withdrawn and won changed to not selected. Doesn’t look promising but still have a few that haven’t been drawn yet so there’s a shot at those.

Comment

2018 TPWD Draw Hunts - let the fun begin

When I wrote the title for this thread, this was not the fun I envisioned!

Bet there will be some overtime in Austin this evening

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                              Anyone got an email or seen a news release about what’s up? Still drawing or everything stopped?

I'm sure they're reviewing the quotas for each hunt now. They don't want to draw too many hunters again.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                                I'm sure they're reviewing the quotas for each hunt now. They don't want to draw too many hunters again.

My guess too. Just curious if there’s any statements from them. Haven’t seen anything on their FB or webpage.

Comment

Working...
                                X