No announcement yet.

Richland Creek WMA reducing archery permits for the 4th consecutive year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea where the money goes, but if drawn you have to pay $125 if you want a permit to hunt. I'm sure this is a drop in the bucket compared what these WMA's get to operate from the govt., I know richland creek has a very nice check station/cooler, but other places like granger don't.

On another note anyone drawn for richland creek or gus engling the archery results were posted in the phone system today.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhntr View Post
      Okay guy I plan on appling for permits this year...questions if are these the permits that cost $10 to apply for on various?
      These are what they(TPWD) call Texas Big Time Hunts. It's like hittin the lottery. Once in a lifetime hunt. All for trophy animals. I think they're all guided too. The hunts I or we apply for are $3 per person and have much more of a chance to draw on one of these hunts. And these hunts are DIY.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWarcher View Post
        On another note anyone drawn for richland creek or gus engling the archery results were posted in the phone system today.
        We applied at RC again this year. Just called in and it said RC hasn't been drawn yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

All the computer drawings were done friday, call the automated system and check your preference points, if they have been reset to zero you drew, if they increased you didn't... and if your points remain the same you got DQ'ed for some reason.
          Last edited by DFWarcher; 08-19-2008, 09:43 PM.

Comment

It says I have a point in the Archery deer.....but it also said I had a point in other hunts also.....this isn't a big suprise, but they haven't drawn some of them and I didn't put in last year. Anyone have an Idea?

Comment

Originally posted by DFWarcher View Post
              All the computer drawings were done friday,
              Noooooooooooooo, RC hasn't been drawn yet. I just checked. I don't go by what the PP is. When they draw the hunt, they will tell you, "Congrats, you've won a hunt" OR, "Sorry, you did not win a hunt".
              If you press 3 instead of 1, you'll see what I'm talkin bout!

Comment

Originally posted by mossman500 View Post
                It says I have a point in the Archery deer.....
                Yes, that is correct. We didn't get drawn LAST YEAR!!
                I called a little while ago Brian. We ARE in on the archery hunt at RC, but they haven't drawn it yet. When they do and we don't get drawn, you'll have 2 points. But I will have one more than you!! Your little trip to Kentucky cost ya a year!!!

Comment

Well, just called. RC has now been drawn. Our group didn't get in. Looks like we'll be stand-by's AGAIN!!!
                  I also mailed my son's youth hunts in today. I'm hoping he'll get a either sex hunt this year. He has been drawn for a doe/spike hunt last 2 yrs in a row. Lucky little fart!!!

Comment

stand by is good with me.....

Comment

Anyone else heading that way monday?

Comment

Wonder if they have any stand-by....

Comment

You might call down there and ask, but the guy who runs the place can be an a-hole to hunters, he does have to deal with alot of poachers around there. Basically he might tell you there aren't any stand by positions even tough there are or he might not tell you anything and say your just going to have to show up and see, if its not too far of a drive for you it might be worth a shot.

Comment

Any reports? Should be alot of deer taken with this cold front, same thing happened a few years ago when me and those other guys who posted on this thread where there, cold front came in on thursday and thats when most of the deer got taken.

Comment

Working...
                            X